Scary college crap!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Sep 4, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

So I'm going off to my first year of college in a few weeks and my mom's making me pack ALL my transformers so she doesn't have to dust them when she cleans my room :( . It's so sad that these guys will be traped in a rubbermaid all the time im gone :( . So I'm about to put them ALL back into alt mode (except for those special bitch-to-transform ones) :( . this is the saddest thing of done as a TF fanboy :( .

enough :(  already?

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey if you took them with you some guy who lives in your dorm would have walked in and wrecked them. Best of they just go into stasis.

3. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

i have the same problem

4. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

you'd be surprised how some people would actually respect them though. I took my complete G1 Scorponok that I've had since I was a kid to college my sophomore year. I put in on the dresser...my roomate also likes transformers (he doesn't collect though) so he was cool with it. Everytime people came in the room they didn't bother with it or they'd say wow that's cool and then leave it be.

on the other had, my freshman year I brough G1 megatron to the dorm. my friend came to my room and she saw G1 megatron, and had a delighted look in her eye and started pretending to shoot everything. Basically i told her it was a transformer and that she had poor aim and whatever, and in a horrifying combination of her getting pissed off and curious that it was a transformer she completely broke it into three pieces. I was so pissed...however she's really cute so i could not be as angry as i wanted to haha.

5. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

i have three other roomates and i wrestle so not around all the time so i dont think i could bring any

6. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Better you pack them than your mom.
    Take one or two with you with the tf withdrawl.

7. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Why don't you rotate the figures in your dorm with the ones in the box every time you visit your house. That way more figs can get some air, and you can have more variety.

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Man. I don't care how cute she was she'd be buying me a new one. Ouch.

9. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're in a school-owned apartment this year, so there's not really any risk of people I don't know coming in... so I brought my Star Saber, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and had my new Overlord sent to me here :D 

10. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

watch out man. Going off to college is a notorious time for people getting their stuff thrown out at home. Many a cherished TF collection has been donated to the salvation army, or given to 5 yr. old cousins at this time in a persons life. Ah well.

11. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Just as Golden Age beware, it's common for parents trying to free up space, so make it clearto your folks that they shouldn't throw or give them away no matter the reason.

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey, better them in storage than her trying to dust and knocking stuff over right? Many a weapon and arm have been lost that way.

13. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or missiles being in a vaccum bag...

14. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    SO when is the garage sale????

15. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

haha, i'll be keeping all my stuff i'm just storing them away because my mom doesn't wanna clean all of them. it's pretty cool though right now seeig a whole bunch of cars all over my desk. were gonna go get rubber maids today.i won't take any with me because i don't want anything to happen to them (maybe just activators BB, he's awesome and small). i'll be in a dorm with two friends from high school and they know i collect but still, i'm not risking damage. i've gt a bunch of bubble wrap from BBTS to protect them in the boxes :) .

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really cute you say? Broke your Megatron you say? Sounds like someone owes you a "favor" or two. :D ream:

17. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Well, once you do move out of the dorms and into an off-campus apartment, you could decorate your room with them. Right now, I don't have a problem with my roommates or people coming over in regards to my collection. My roommate actually loves transforming them and he's careful about it while others say that's it's cool.

18. yamiwhoo

yamiwhoo Active Member

I definitely am feeling ya on not wanting anything messed up. I have my own place, and I still worry about a bunch of my friends coming over and playing too hard with my toys. They try to be careful, but yanno, accidents happen.

Considering space constraints in most dorm rooms, it's probably better anyways. Activators would make nice little desk pieces though :) 

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

try to put it in public storage, so only you could access it ( I might be doing the same with some of my comic books and non-essential TF's that aren't Classcis/Cybertron/Animated)

20. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    once you got into college, you might addict into something else... pack them up and ready for sales... :D