2D Artwork: Scarf

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TedimusPrime, May 22, 2011.

?

What would you like to see next?

1. Legs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Crazy

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Another one you haven't done yet

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

So I started drawing something new this week and liked them enough to do one up in water color. These are supposed to be post-apocalyptic robots built by lone wolf survivors for companionship and assistance in the harsh world. The idea behind them was a simple, slightly futuristic, industrial, do-it-yourself kind of robot. I obviously drew inspiration from (though completely unintentionally) Ashley Wood as well as several other sources.

Because each one is made from spare parts, they are each unique (kind of like a signature). This one is Scarf who has what you would expect plus a giant gun arm. I also added Crazy and Legs for anyone interested. Interested in hearing feedback!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    great work your art style comes though wonderfully on these. If you havent yet you should invest in a set of water color pencils they make getting those fine details a lot easier and gives you that extra bit of control when you need it. Keep it up cant wait to see more of your water color art.

3. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

I know, last year there was a girl in my class who used them and I really enjoyed how they look. I think I gotta pick them up

4. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

I love the design of this! And it sounds like there is a pretty solid story behind it. I'm interested in seeing more of the guys, and perhaps even more back story. A+

5. CypherCrowley

CypherCrowley Well-Known Member

Excellent work! The combination of lo-tech, utilitarian robot designs and the "floaty" watercolour style looks really unique. Andthe result looks absolutely beautiful. And while the similarities to Ashley Woods designs are there, I do prefer yours. They just look less goofy and better proportioned to me.

The only thing I could think of to improve the illustration would be th muzzle flash: I think it would look a little more natural and dynamic if it were a little pointier and had a few spikes shooting off to the sides, like so:
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

As for who I'd like to see next: definitely Crazy, he looks very intriguing!