Scared of TF: Animated? You Should Be.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Radioactive Ravage, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Everybody knows about it. Most of you have probably seen the clip. Why should you be frightened?

IT IS GOING TO KICK SO MUCH ASS.

The animation style, while being bright and new, is also a fantastic choice. From the creators of Teen Titans and Ben10, these animators really know how to choreograph enticing fight scenes. If you've ever watched either series, you'll notice the fluid fistfights and dazzling energy attacks, sometimes both in one scene. Don't challenge me on this one.

The designs are fantastic. Starscream and Megatron look... EVIL. They really, truly do. And Megatron has a white and black color scheme, which is a total homage.

And SPEAKING of homages: Arcee! Dinobots! BLACKARACHNIA! If you've ever been a fan of old series or just wanted to see some new characters, this series has both of them.

Let me be the first to say that I'm tired of watching an Elite Team of Autobots search for Energon, or Minicons, or Cyber Planet Keys. This group is ragtag and ready to get their asses kicked by humans and Decepticons alike. A welcome change, if you ask me.

Then there's the toys. Oh, hell yes. Glossy paint finish shows that they want to get as close to the animation as possible. This show is revolutionary because it's one of the first to have truly accurate toys. A/E/C seemed limited by their transformations, this does not. They have an excellent range of motion and look like their counterparts!

The thing is, everyone is so used to complaining about shows, their annoying human characters, subpar toys, and one-sided battles, but this time, the creators are listening. They've broken away from Armada, Energon, and Cybertron to show us that the good old Robots in Disguise have still got it going for them, and the change may have been too sudden for some to accept it. But hey, Transformers started in America, and some of the best series surface from us.

But, what do I know? This could, in fact, ruin transformers FOREVER.

Who's with me?

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I wasn't sure about the designs at first, but I am quite looking forward to it after seeing the clips in action. Of course, I'll wait and judge it when I actually get to see the full episodes. But I am excited by everything I've seen so far. This just might be the best TF show since Beast Wars.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

My mama always use to say "Don't right checks your ass can't cash". I hope the show will be great, but it FAR too early to tell from a few out of context clips.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Damn right I am.
    (however the glossy paint might be due to them being hand painted test shots; we will see)

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The red headed girl scared me!:lol  but besides that it looks awesome.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping the gloss paint isn't that "Super metal finish" crap that hasbro has been putting on alot of marvel figures. It peels off kind of easy.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is really nice, for a change, to see so many people in the fandom actually responding positively (for the most part) to the new show. How much of that is actually going to remain through the coming months is questionable, but it's quite refreshing for right now. That said...

...this is why I just can't get excited about Animated, personally. From early appearances, it's just a G1-rehash homage-fest without anything new to offer...and the G1-retreads are boring the hell out of me. I'm willing to give it a shot once the show premieres, but I'm not optimistic.

On the other hand, I can easily see this being very popular with the target audience (kids) and bringing a lot of new people to TFs.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm reserving judgement. I like some designs and don't care for others. I'm also hoping the little girl is handled right and not the focus of the series, like Armada was. Soundwave having a gigantic guitar while cool (being a musician myself) has me worried about having campiness on the level of G1. (I love G1, but damn. It's hard to watch nowadays).

The toys do look very cool. The only ones I have reservations about are the Deluxe Prime (but as I've said in several other threads if there's a larger version I'm sure it will be better) and Starscream's jet mode looks horrible. Bumblebee, Prowl, Blackarachnia and Grimlock have me drooling over them.

The things that do give me hope you listed. (great minds think alike!:D )

-Dinobots!!!!!
    -Blackarachnia! (AWESOME to see a character that isn't yet another G1 homage thrown into the mix!)
    -Autobots being inexperienced. Makes me think of Beast Wars...explorers/ medics being forced into a war they don't want to fight.

I'm still on the fence over some of the designs, but the clips and the pics from SDCC have my spirits raised quite a bit on the future.

9. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

I'm looking forward to this. I really like the designs, and the animation looks awesome. Hopefully it'll be on YTV.

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Not afraid, but wasn't sure of what to think of the direction. But it's looking good so far.

11. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Based on what I have seen so far I am far more excited about this than any of the loathesome recent series. Starscreams voice gave me goosebumps, it was so cool to hear that again, and seeing grimlock was just pure bliss. Cant wait to see more.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

gun

Does Prime have no gun> I saw the trailer, did I miss it or does he just have the axe, the Bumblebee toy looked very nice, kind of Energon Hot Roddish, with a hint of Classics.

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to possibly getting a quality TV series out of this. The style still needs time to grow on me as it's an extreme departure from the Transformers feel. With some great storytelling and character development, I may be able to get used to the stylized look.

14. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I like the style, animation is slick (don't like those quick transformations though...) toys are looking good (which is most important to me)

I just hope the show's writing will deliver.

15. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's all that needs to be said. :D 

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the actual toys will have a matte finish as stated in the botcon panels, to be more show accurate. Megatron showing up at the end of the clip as a gun in his black, red, and grey colors surprised the heck out of me. I was like "wait is that what I thought it was?!".
    Cybertronian Megs, and Earth mode gun Megs are awesome. I like how most of the decepticons are planes. I love planes. Lugnut looks heavily armed and crazy. I wonder what Blitzwing's primary weapons will be.

I heard Optimus in this continuity is not the leader of all autobots, rather a captain of his team of autobots, and they are looked down upon by other autobots(I'm assuming back on Cybertron). I also heard Optimus reports to a commander. I wonder who that guy is(Ultra Magnus?). I'm excited to see how this turns out. In a way it sounds similar to Big Convoy's situation in Beast Wars Neo.

17. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I'm not looking forward to it too much. ;_;

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't say anything for sure, but I think the cartoon has at the very least potential to be a huge hit with the kiddies (and the toys with them), and that's really all that matters.

Still, I think it could easily be great fun to watch for me as well - fun in a way G1 and BW were, and Armada and Energon wasn't.

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to it. :) 

--Moony

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Scared? No.

Excited? Yes.