Scammer sells AFA KO Beachcomber as real thing for $250

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Might Gaine, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    1985 TF SERIES 2 MINICAR BEACHCOMBER AFA 85 MOSC MOC | eBay

For a brief period in 2005, AFA accidentally graded some KO Beachcombers as originals. The seller Brisher is a Transformers collector who definitely knows the difference between a KO and the real thing. He sold his KO AFA Beachcomber for $250 in the auction above. You can tell it's fake by the centered hole punch and the typos on the back. If you look up the serial number on AFA's web site it confirms that it was graded in 2005, when all the other fakes were graded.

What a piece of shit this guy is....

2. CG76

CG76 Headmaster

I wonder if his other sales are KOs?

3. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

i feel sorry for the buyer. i too am a victim of the ko afa beachcomber, but it happened to me in 2005 and for 90.00 instead of 250.00

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    could you report that to ebay or is it probably to late. bummer for the buyer.

5. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    whoamidri, AFA said this to me a few years ago when Brisher tried to sell it before...

"If the buyer of the car would like to send it to AFA, we will reimburse him for his purchase and pull it off the market."

So if you still have it, you can contact them, and they will buy it for what you paid for it.

Deceptigtar: It's too late to report it, unfortunately. Ebay only pulls auctions that are still active. Finished auctions get ignored when people report them.

6. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    It doesn't look like it. But I'd stay away from his sales anyway, since he's shown that he's willing to rip people off if he has the opportunity...