scalper madness???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malach Ra, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    has the movie created a whole new brand of scalpers specifecally aimed at tfs. I know the movie figs are being ate up by these bastards, but will it continue into the next tf toy lines? normally I couldnt care less about about a scalper, but there's been a seirous drought here and it hasnt gotten any better. I'm mean guys are cleaning out the tf section regularly. I sure hope this isnt the start of a new trend, but damn...i fear the worst. I have never seen scalping on this level before.

2. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Well, it's not like the stores are empty, but there seems to be a lot more reselling going on since the movie.

If there are more scalpers dunping stuff on ebay, the ebay prices will drop for sure... so they're just gonna end up losing money on their little scheme.

The ebay supply will exceed the demand.

Give it a bit of time and things will get back to normal.

3. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

In my area, I know of a couple that check most of the stores early in the morning every day. If I could afford to that, I would. Realistically, I get there when I can and they buy what's available. That said, I think the scalpers have been there but them, like the kids who saw the movie, waited till after it came out to pounce on them.
    There were tons of stuff on June 2. Tons of deluxes and Tons of voyagers. My TRU was crammed with them and overflowing on the endcaps. Now, not so much.
    I'm guessing that if the demand stays through to the animated show, which I'm guessing it will, you won't find an abundance of them.

It might turn out the way the movie did, I hope. In which case the shelves will have them before it airs and then after it's been on a couple times they'll start to disappear. That's what I'm hoping at least so I can get a chance at them.

4. Malach Ra

News Credits:

NO, its like the stores are empty here, i assure you.

5. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Your store stocking problem in Tampa really sucks, but i don't think it's happening everywhere in North America.

One thing I don't get is why do some scalpers bother buying everything? That doesn't make any sense.

Look at Voyager Starscream on Ebay. The first release you can find for really cheap. Even the repaint has some BIN prices set at 19.99$.

That's little to no profit for the seller if he bought it in stores. The only thing he can get money on is if he bought them on discount, or if you're paying shipping through the nose to get your item.

Even with the shipping scam, there are so many on sale on ebay right now that buyers can pick and choose. The ones with a high S&H cost just don't get bids.

IMO the scalping will subside. It's just not profitable at this point.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the scalpers will leave the animated stuff alone. Although I have never seen anything like the scalping that has taken place for a movie or any franchise like is happening with this line. Certainly, this has been a first for a movie line where they actually sell out of product, and its not clogging the shelves.

7. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I agree. I was getting pretty upset about the lack of figures in my area, but the shelves are slowly starting to fill up again.

I was looking for the Target Starscream G1 repaint the other day on eBay and noticed that a lot of them were going for less than their MSRP. That being said, it shouldn't take too long for scalpers to realize that they're not going to be making any money off of their endeavors as more and more people are dumping these toys online...

8. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

its true, the spiderman craze found the shelves overloaded with toys... no scalpers here

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I haven't seen squat here in Chicago. A few Leader Brawls and Leader megs, and starting to see tons of Voyagers minus Prime. But otherwise it's a complete drought.

10. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    My area has a few hardcore scalpers making it really hard for the next generation of Transformers fans to find the love of the toy like we all did.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Can we get a sticky so people can rant about scalpers/lack of transformers in a single thread rather than a whole bunch of these mini-rants?

All I know is that shelves are bare and I still can't find Longarm/Dropkick.

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Same story here. Sucks. I do see an excess of movie stuff on ebay, and most of it doesn't sell.

13. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    didnt think I was ranting, simply making an observation and wondereing if this was the begining of a trend to come. I could care less about a scalper cause there are more important things in life other than toys. and I will go to ebay and pay for something I cant find, i have no problem with it-usually its way more expensive than you run of the mill tf movie deluxes.

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Bullshit! Try finding anything here, if you are not there within hours of them opening a case and putting them on the floor you are screwed

15. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Scalper problem? I experienced it first hand yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

By some incredible happening my ToysRUs had cartfuls of Leader Brawl and some repaint Voyagers sprinkled around in between shelves.

But still no Deluxes at all. I don't think my problem is scalpers, though, I keep checking for new GI Joe's too but they're also usually pretty slim.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRU in Ottawa has been empty since the movie hit. They even took the gift bags and tissue paper! BASTARDS!

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    madness?!!

THIS. IS. SCALPAR!

yeah it has. all the scalpers here have been focusing on TF merch with a vengeance. where talking abt swooping in on incoming shipments in cases here. bastards.

19. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I think my area is pretty much scalper-free, but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's rare as hell for a store around here to receive any product to begin with. I go to my local Target only once a week, because it's a six-mile hike and I refuse to burn any gasoline on Transformer hunts. (And because, as mentioned, the stores generally suck at getting things in stock.) Yesterday I strolled in there in the middle of the afternoon and it was like they'd just cracked open a case of Deluxes: one each of Concept BB, Final Battle Jazz, Longarm, Dropkick, Payload, and Dreadwing. And hey, even a Leader Brawl. No scalper worth his salt would have allowed this many toys to go to some guy who visits once a week!

20. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:

I was gonna do that but you beat me to it.:)