Customs: Scalpel to fix crust from superglue join trick?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by BioBlade, Jan 16, 2010.

1. BioBlade

BioBlade Well-Known Member

I FINALLY caved and did the superglue trick on a few joints on a couple of my REALLY floppy toys. It worked too! They can stand quite easily now, and still retain near full posablitiy. But here and there, it left a rather ugly residue on the outside of the joints....it's white and crusty. On my Jungle Fury Yellow Ranger, it left more than a white residue; some of the yellow plastic must have gotten stuck to the glue, transferring over to the black joints and leaving a crusty YELLOW residue. Like I said, the joints WORK now, so it was totally worth it....but how do I remove the residue from the parts where glue isn't needed? Could I scrape it off with a scalpel? Or should I use that cone-like sanding tip on my dremel? I'm afraid I might make it worse unless I know what I'm doing. I'm considering just dealing with it, as I think having a toy that can stand and pose is more important than worrying about a bit of ugly crust on some joints. Still, if there's a way to make it look even a tad better, I'd love to hear it!