Scaled Human Figures Anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Macadamn, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Macadamn

Macadamn Member

Hey Anyone and Everyone,
    I have been working on Transformers Classics Dioramas. I was wondering if anyone knew of some "generic" human mini figures I could adapt to serve in this city battle I was fabricating. Those custom Spike and Sparkplug figures seem to work pretty well with the Classics line (at least in as much as when the 'bots 'n 'Cons are are in robot mode, more or less, it's not perfect, but what the hell.)

I like the deluxe to voyager scale relative to their robot mode, but it is impractical in vehicle mode. For example, the Spike and Sparkplug look about the scale of Classics Optimus in vehicle mode but not so much, say, with Hound unless you are willing to accept that a 2 seat military jeep is as big bumper to bumper (and with larger wheels) than a freight liner; however, the scale is dead on (sort of) in robot mode. If anyone can follow my screwy logic. Of course, until Hasbro perfects actual mass shifting in the toys, we're kinda stuck where we are.

That said, anyone know a line of mini figures about the Spike/Sparkplug scale I can pick up. My vision of existing toy lines are limited to Star Wars, Super Heroes and Transformers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys!

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    derail...sorry, that was really cool!!!!!
    off the top of my head i cant thing of any great scale figures...have you tried model shops.or hobby shops...in the train/plane sections?

3. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Okay.....

Here's the thing:

I've been doing some dioramas myself so I've had to become really familliar with this type of thing really quickly. Scale is, apparently, not just a problem for us TF fans, but also for train folks. I talked to a guy - at length - who explained to me that the model train community often complains that their 'guage' scales aren't consistant even within the same guage. For instance, "HO" doesn't always mean the same scale, it's more of an approximation.

That said....

The Deluxe class cars are, more or less, 1:32 scale. So if you find figures that are as close to that as possible, you will have something that will work. Buildings are tougher because there really isn't a lot out there that is in exact scale...and they can get REALLY expensive depending on what you are looking for.

If you need more specific help, just message me and I'll try and lead you in the right direction.

Dex

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For buildings I can you could use World Works Games papercraft stuff if you scale it up which isn't to hard to do. You can check out my sig for shots I made with similar stuff.

Much cheaper.

5. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used lego figures... just an idea, I know that's not what you're actually looking for.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm afraid I'm not able to offer much advice in terms of figures, although there are some decent PVCs from the Takara SCF collection (Bumblebee with Spike, Arcee with Daniel, Metalhawk with Minerva) who usually look between good and great next to the bots.

Coming up in the Prime series there's some sort of Entertainment Pack that as well as Optimus and Megatron, features the humans. I'm personally hoping they'll be a compatible scale with Spike and Daniel.

I'm not sure what their scale is though, probably way too big. Railway model figures might be the way to go, though.

7. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

Lego figures FTW! Best. Option. Ever.

8. Macadamn

Macadamn Member

Thank you, guys! I at least have a more solid direction to travel.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Model train shops are your best bet. They have figures in different scales and should work perfectly for you.
    If you look at some highly detailed train set-ups, you can see their usually loaded with tiny little people all over the set.

And no, I don't mean midgets.

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've sometimes used Micro Machines Military soldiers for display purposes, and I think they look pretty cool when put up against Deluxes and Scouts.