Customs: Scale size and decals

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by RodimusDawg, Jul 26, 2007.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello everyone this is my first post and I'm a newcomers here but not the the world of customizing and modeling.

I was wondeing if anyone knows what scale the movie figures are in particularlly the New 08-09 Bumblebee.

I thinking about a attempt to kitbash him into a movie Rodimus or Hot Rod. Painting the body that megenta red like color and using a head from wreckage.Then find the right decals for flames and use reprolabels for insignias and what not.

So if anyone could give a idea or guess on the scale these toys are it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I think they're something close to 1/32nd scale. I think if you get Rodimus Prime or Hot Rod reprolabels, that'd be pretty close to what you need.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I think they're something close to 1/32nd scale. I think if you get Rodimus Prime or Hot Rod reprolabels, that'd be pretty close to what you need.

4. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you for certain, as I have yet to get my hands on the 09 bumblebee :redface2: , but assuming he's close to scale with barricade he would be 1/32. barricade is pretty accurately 1/32.

as for other figures....

Leader prime is 1/25.

Ironhide is somewhere between 1/35 and 1/32

hope that helps.

Not sure about the others. havn't checked.

5. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

I can't tell you for certain, as I have yet to get my hands on the 09 bumblebee :redface2: , but assuming he's close to scale with barricade he would be 1/32. barricade is pretty accurately 1/32.

as for other figures....

Leader prime is 1/25.

Ironhide is somewhere between 1/35 and 1/32

hope that helps.

Not sure about the others. havn't checked.

6. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Thanks for the insight on the other figures Cody and thanks for the Bumblebee one Convoy.

My next question should I use water-slide or rub ons and seal them afterwards? I'd hate to do a water slide and have it shift , or a rub on and have it flake off.

7. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Thanks for the insight on the other figures Cody and thanks for the Bumblebee one Convoy.

My next question should I use water-slide or rub ons and seal them afterwards? I'd hate to do a water slide and have it shift , or a rub on and have it flake off.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure about others because I haven't checked, but Prime is definitely NOT 1/25 scale. I have a MASK Rhino that is 1/24 scale and Prime is off by more than 1. He's only about 1/30 scale.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure about others because I haven't checked, but Prime is definitely NOT 1/25 scale. I have a MASK Rhino that is 1/24 scale and Prime is off by more than 1. He's only about 1/30 scale.