Scale Questions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LegoNinja, May 10, 2010.

1. LegoNinja

LegoNinja Well-Known Member

I guess this breaks down to laziness, but does anyone know (or have the measurements) if these figures are close to scale?
    ROTF Voyager Starscream
    2007 Voyager Incinerator
    2007 Deluxe Wreckage
    2007 Deluxe Brawl
    2007 Deluxe Bonecrusher
    ROTF Deluxe Thrust
    ROTF Scout Ransack
    ROTF Scout Skystalker

Mabye if they are then I'll just glue them together and call it ROTF Bruticus!

Attached Files:

2. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

That Bumblebee is too big. His body is also not screen accurate.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In scale to what exactly? what are you looking for?

I don't see a Bumblebee. EDIT nevermind. What you did there? I see it.

4. LegoNinja

Haha, sorry. Um in scale to each other, and I'd think of going with the vehicle mode? Like, are they close to the 1/144 standard of a bunch of other hobby things, train sets, gundam blah blah...
    The little scientist guy is 1, 1/8" tall so lets say average of 5"10? = I'm going to switch to metric
    He's 2.8cm tall and the average scientician is 168cm (go google) so he's 1/60 scale?
    *edit*
    I'm going to paint Bumblebees head on Brawl head green or gold. If Gold then his exposed face bits will be green. Most likely that army flat testors green because that's what I generally use. Brawl was missing his head because I put it on the not concept camero version of bee because I'm going to mabye stop procrastinating and paint him up like bombshell.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  5. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

There is no such thing as scale in Transformers. Just size classes.

If there was a scale, in comparison to the G1 Autobots, Starscream and his jets would be the size of Fort Max, and G1 Blast Off would be six times the size of Bruticus, while Swindle would be about as big as BO's wheel.

Just go, "Does it look good together?" and enjoy it. That's the best scale in TFs.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude has an excellent point. Which is why so many of us are screaming for a Leader Animated Lugnut or movie Blackout.

If you're trying to customize a Bruticus from movie molds, visit the Radicons section. Several people have done it!

7. LegoNinja

No, not really at all...I i've been lurking the radicons since whenever my join date is. I don't have any desire to try and make anything that ambitious. All the ones that have been done look awesome, so I'll just live vicariously through the internet.
    It's more curiosity, less obsessivness. I think I might look up the size of the assosiated alt mode, measure said alt modes and just see what they are.
    That little guy with his landing wands looks about right to be crushed by any of them. :) 

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Dave (Dave's Transformers Page) usually attempts to get a scale for each of the characters in his reviews. Using his figures, and the figures you've asked for

2007 Voyager Incinerator - roughly 1:83
    2007 Deluxe Brawl - roughly 1:56

9. LegoNinja

Thanks!

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Voyager Starscream is about 1:87th scale.
    Baron Ransack Von Joy is about 1:69th scale.
    Thrust is about 1:90th scale.
    Wreckage is about 1:40th scale.
    Just for fun: Voyager Optimus Prime, 1:48th scale.

To make it easy to find scale, use this Jim's Dollhouse Pages: Hobby Calculators It's not hard to find the original vehicle size on someplace like the Wikipedia (for example, looking up the F-22 raptor), then you can play with the model scaling gauge until you hit close to the toy length. Heck, using the link to Daves reviews, he even measures the toys, so you don't even have to do it, just use his numbers when he doesn't do the calculations himself. In addition, if you wanted to, you could use it to find how big the toy should be to be in a set scale.

If you don't know what the toy actually transforms into, you can try the TF Wiki, which usually answers as specifically as it can or a close derivitive to find alt mode to then plug in to find it's real size. Of your group, Skystalker will be the hard one, because his design as a UAB means that without a strict real world model to base on size, with drone aircraft taking all sorts of sizes.

I will tell you the answer is no, no they are not.

11. LegoNinja

O, I die, Horatio.
    The potent poison quite o'er-crows my spirit:
    I cannot live to hear the news from Hasbro.

I sorta figured as much, At least Starscream, Thrust and Incinerator are close.
    The links are appreciated as well. I'd gone through a bunch of the Teletraan I wiki and normal wikipedia entries but I don't remember seeing the scale entries by toys at the time.
    And for some reason I thought the LAV was way bigger.