Customs: Scale Question, please help if you can

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by D-Unit, Jul 11, 2008.

1. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering what size in inches, a 1:43 car is. The reason I am asking is I am trying to do a classics wheeljack using sunstreaker as a base, and I have a friend who has a 1:43 scale plastic lancia for me to re-shell. I am afraid this is a little too small, so if anyone knows, can you clarify this for me. Is a 1:43 scale car around the same size as a classics Sunstreaker?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Scale and size aren't the same thing; think about it for a second, and you'll realize a 1:43 Volkswagen model's not going to be the same size as a 1:43 Caddy, is it?

I could possibly esimate, though, since you've mentioned it's a Lancia and that you want to make Wheeljack. I've just googled the dimensions for Lancia Stratos (assuming that's what it is, since that's what G1 Wheeljack was), and the one I came up with measured 3710mm long by 1750-1810mm wide.
    at 1:43 that comes out at about 8.6cm long and 4.1-4.2cm wide.

I don't have a Sunsteaker yet to compare it, but I have a feeling you may right about the kit being a bit small.

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    How does Sunstreaker compare with the movie line? We all universally agree the movie cars were roughly 1:32 scale. 1:43 would be smaller, I can't imagine the Classics being much smaller than the movie line. Good luck on your search!! You may be able to just build Wheeljack out of various 'bot parts, I mean, his arms were kinda longish compared to his body and legs. Keep us updated!

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    1:43 scale would be way too small to fit on Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker's very close to being 1:32 scale.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the info, I had a feeling it was a little small. I think 1/32 may be more of what I am looking for. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Hey, for what it's worth, I found one on Ebay. Item # 250269337382 . The seller wants too much :drunk , in my opinion, but maybe you can negotiate with him/her. Hey, sometimes ya gotta pay to play!! :thumbs2: 

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I saw that, I am debating whether it is worth it to do the kitbash or not

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yep. ebays the way to go with gas price and scalpers striping the shelves.

I prefer to just buy them for a few bucks more, have them waiting at my doorstep when i get home.

While I hate supporting these scalpers, they are impossible to beat to the shelves.

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not the Sunstreaker I need, they have a ton of those over here, It was the Lancia 1/32 I was debating over buying...don't think I am going to after all for $30.00