SB's "It might be funnies"

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Soundblaster1, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Spyshot is an idiot. :lol 

2. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Tell me about it, I was sooo looking at them when I was in TRU on saturday, and they are looking better and better.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Get Ironhide, Brawl, Bumblebee, Scorponok, and Barricade. I don't have Scorpy yet, but he's only had positive comments. The other ones are easily the best ones out there.
    Get the ones I just mentioned. Damn... My comic is more like an ad for toys than a comic... "Get BW stuff" "Get Legends" :lol 
    Some of the smartest people are insanely bright but they can't communicate well and they're really dense when it comes to the opposite sex. That, in a nutshell, is Spyshot. Hell, I even through in the classic "She probably knows what it is, but I'll explain it anyway to sound smart" :D 

And today's update... Probably it until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm out of pictures :( ... I get my hair cut tomorrow after I have to stay late at school... And I'm expecting half a dozen packages to show up (seriously. They all just happened to get shipped within the right time frame) tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll make the next one a longer one to make up for it. I do have a single-shot (maybe short strip) idea ready that I'll probably do for tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Something wasn't working right, I'll fix it and add another post later.

4. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I've got the legends Scorponok/BB 2-pack, and I really do like the scorpy fig, the BB not so much. I can see the 'hide and brawl, but why is barricade one of your top choices?

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I can't really explain, I'll just point you to the feedback forum.

BTW, I didn't forget about the comic... I haven't had time to take more pics and I've been dealing with a lot of crap lately.

6. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    You don't see too many of the Beast Wars figures in the funnies. Nice to see them for something different. :thumb 

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Well there is a sale at Shopko today and tomorow, so I went and picked up the legends class 2 packs, now I have all of them, except for the Cliffjumper/Barricade pack, I just don't like the BB/jumper mold, and the Barricade one, well I just don't know yet.

It's all your fault you cheeky begger! The legends that I have from the Cybertron era I think suck, so I am so glad that almost every decepticon legend totally rocks, and the autobots aren't awesome, but not bad either. Thanks for using them so much to change my mind!

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I just started reading these, not quite finished though. The initial randomness at the start of the thread was a bit of a turn off at first.

Some nice stuff here, I particularly like the frequent all-out-brawls-of-utter-mayhem, interspersed with some doses of humour here and there. :thumb 

But if it's one thing these comics could seriously benefit from, it's speech bubbles.

9. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I don't know how far you've read, but SB's done much better lately, and I think his style has come around nicely!

10. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    :D  I must be one of the only ones that finds them comic-worthy.

It's what I do :D . Barricade is pretty good, I'd recommend it (but I can't remember why...)... Which one do you like the best so far? *anticipates "Ironhide," "Brawl," or "Scorponok" as an answer*
    The brawls are nice but they're a pain to shoot. I'm glad they're receiving some recognition (especially from someone of your calliber)
    I'd guess Dila is somewhere around when Snarl was first introduced. That's where I was receiving a lot of "I can't read it!" comments. Like Otis said, it does get better. (btw, where are your comics, d00d? You said you were getting a lightbox and that's all I've heard)

Update will come after I restart my computer. I'm afraid it will auto-restart as I'm uploading the pics (which would have wasted my time creating this reply AND uploading some of the pics)

EDIT: Update!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I'm sorry that I haven't been able to comment for so long. :(  I just got caught up now, and I've enjoyed all of your updates. I still laugh at pretty much everything Spyhot says, and I like your version of Airazor too. :D  Your Tigatron is rather grumpy and bossy though. Is there any chance of him being out-grumped by someone later on? :) 

I'm looking forward to seeing your version of Big Daddy. I'm planning to use him to, but mine will be somewhat different from the comic version, and even the movie version. I'm really interested to see what you've come up with for him!

That was an interesting use for Corahda too! :)  I wish Hasbro would re-use some of the Beast Wars toys, seeing yours in all the panels makes me want to track down the characters I'm missing! :) 

By the way, your new signature is very amusing! :)  Are you planning to use Animated toys?

As always, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next! :D 

12. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I guarantee Tigatron will be out grumped by someone on the allied side. (For discussion purposes, allied side = good guys, feuding side = bad guys 'cause they're in a civil war and everything). I have a few ideas lined up that I haven't done much with, but I think I know where one's headed now.

I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna do with Big Daddy. I have some ideas, but he might have to sit this storyline out.

Since (apparently... It's what they tell me) Corahda isn't a cowboy, I decided to make him a badass. And I A) can't transform Big Convoy and B) didn't feel like shopping a herd for him to run. :D 

The sig is my statement to the higher-ups in the Animated club. They tempt me and I buy stuff. I have an Animated BB here, but that's it aside from Starscream. I'm planning on getting a Bulkhead here shortly, but there's a 10 day wait once I actually break down and buy it. BB hasn't slipped in because one of his stingers broke and I'm awaiting a replacement. I have this thing about incomplete Transformers... I don't like them. So it's here, but it won't be complete for at least another week.

Small update while I'm at it, since it's a slow day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I did mean to leave the first pic as it was.

13. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I actually like the Legends class Megatron the best. I bought two of him, one for MISB, cuz the legends class is the only version of him without any under wing kibble, and he looks friggin awesome in jet mode. Ironically, I'd say Brawl n Scorpy would take a tie for no. 2.

As for my comics, well I only intend to do shorty's and oneshots, as I know I can't dedicate the time to create a strip with any type of consistency. I have several ideas mapped out, and just need to shoot them, but although I have a large tripod, some of my ideas needed a little one to pull of the shots I have in mind. So I picked one up on saturday night from radio shack, and hopefully this week will be able to get the pics taken and then posted.

I need a name for my thread, though...any idears??? All I got is 'PQ's Phunny Pics' but I don't think most people would realize that was me...

BTW, I loved Airrazor screaming out 'Starscream' totally reminded me of my childhood when my mom said it was dinnertime and to get my brothers..'Carl, Steven..DINNER!!'

14. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Yup! That's about where I was. Just read some more today, and there are improvements indeed. :) 

(Could still use speech bubbles of course)

PQ's Phunny Pics...PPP...works for me!