Saw IV *Spoilers*...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Vector Sigma, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Didn't see a thread on this. Saw it last night. Spoiler review is put in grey for those that find themselves unable to read the title of a thread:

Well that was fairly hilariously terrible. The only good part was the reveal that the timeline wasn't what you were expecting, and that infact almost the entire film is taking place in parallel to Saw III. The gore seemed ramped down from the thrid film, which in my opinion was a good thing, I don't mind gore, but found some of III to be unpalatable.

Tobin Bell is still a giant among men, stealing every scene, even when he's only in it as a voice. Nice to see a resolution to the main characters from II and III. Completely motivationless Jigsaw assisant was annoying, as there seemed to be no reason for him helping out, or maybe the explanation passed me by.

I found the plot in general to be fairly rubbish, but enjoyed the 'games' other than the man on bed, which was frankly silly. Pretty cool reveal on the whole 'pig mask' thing.

What happened to FBI guy who got locked up with jigsaw's body? We know the body was found, so did he get found at the same time? Still wondering where guy from III's other kid is, but don;t really care. If wife doesn;t turn out to be evil in the undoubted release of the next film, then she is horribly pointless, it just seemed ridiculous that she was hounded again and a again, and she really didn;t know anything useful.

I liked the girl on chair from the 'It's a trap!' poster, that whole scene was done very well and made the poster make sense on both levels.

So I suppose it had its ups and downs, a few cool bits/ideas, but mainly drek. Worth seeing I think, but like the first two sequels, doubt I'll watch it again any time soon unless I get dragged into it...

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it...but not as much as the first two. I was disappointed that they didn't follow up on the 'second daughter' story, too. It's not that it was bad, but not as good as 1 and 3.

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. I will really be surprised if we see SAW V... I liked the first one.

4. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

"Wow. I will really be surprised if we see SAW V... I liked the first one."

My friend, this film made 30+ million in the opening weekend...I can guarantee that you'll see a Saw V--and by this time next year. These are LOW BUDGET horror films, and the profit margin is ridiculous.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

it was ok, but i actually called the accomplice right off the bat.

6. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I hope not. I'm ready for this genre to hibernate for a while.