Saw it last night. I'm disappointed (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AntiGod, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntiGod

AntiGod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw this movie last night, and i am quite disappointed with the movie. I really liked the first one though. There are a few things which i am not quite happy with:

1. Joke characters. Wheelie, Jetfire and The Twins are all joke characters. Even Devastator was made to be sort of a joke.

2. Quick deaths. Sideways died faster than Bonecrusher did in Transformers 1. Demolisher died in almost the same amount of time Bonecrusher did. Worst of all, apart from collateral damage, Sideways and Demolisher did not even put up a fight against Sideswipe and Prime respectively. They were just there to die, and die fast. Do i even need to mention Skorponok? He died in a blink of an eye.

3. Cheap tricks. We know that Devastator consists of an Excavator, Dump Truck, and Bulldozer. Despite that, we have Demolisher, which is an exact replica of Dev's excavator. And after Dev transforms, we still see Long Haul and Rampage fighting against the humans. So basically we have two of everything. That's cheap. Do i need to mention Grindor? Grindor appears from nowhere. So basically we have two MH-53 Choppers as well (including Blackout). See what i mean? Duplicates are just thrown in to increase the robot count.

4. Megatron's submission to the Fallen. unlike the novel, which implied that Megatron was serving the Fallen merely to become a Prime himself, this wasn't mentioned in the movie. It looked like Megatron was really a loyal servant to the Fallen. He even showed grief after the Fallen died. C'mon, Megatron?? The most evil villian in the Universe? Is a bitch to the Fallen? I can understand loyalty out of fear or motive, but genuine loyalty?

Other minor things which i am quite disturbed by, but not utterly disgusted include....Transformer hatchlings.....so Transformers are now born and grown eh? Soundwave's almost non-existent role in the movie, not to mentioned non-existent robot mode. The whole concept of the Fallen being like a Transformer sorcerer, with Mystical powers, along with the concept of the Primes meeting Sam in the afterlife. I think the movie strayed to much to the spiritual aspect of Transformers. I prefered it being grounded in reality. More factual than spiritual.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.