saw halloween tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bumble Prime, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i saw halloween tonight and it was pretty good, Definitely a lot of shock factor.

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>

the whole time there were 2 13-15 yr old kids behind me. One was immensely fat, like live action cartman fat and it seemed to hinder his breathing to the point that he sounded like a pre teen Don Vito Corleone ( the Godfather). And the other was his skinny sidekick, the salicious crumb to his jabba the hutt if you will.

And the whole time they both commented about how they would kill Michael Myers had they met on xbox live during a Halo match, and also call the girls running from Michael on screen "dumb Bitches" because they were apparently affected by gravity and would fall down a flight of stairs.

Throw in a few 3 yr old chappelle's show quotes and a resounding mouth gaping "wow"every time a nipple was shown coupled with the adolescent instinct to say "fuck" as many times as possible they arent at home with their parents, AND.............

I totally see where Michael Myers was coming from killing all those teenagers right before they were about to get laid.

Well, that's my story.....................post what you guys thought of the movie or the decaying teenage population

ciao!

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Don't you just wish you could've stood up with a mask like Michael's on with a rubber knife? I wouldn't be surprised if one of them wet their pants.

3. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

LOL Nerds

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I totally would gave given them one warning to STFU. After that, I would punch them both in their brace-wearing mouths, then turn and enjoy the movie while they sleep behind me.

5. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I saw it yesterday.. and...

SPOILERS:

It's absolute fucking shit.

/SPOILERS

:lol 

6. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh, I'm not gonna go see this move. Saw the first one when I was little, I was scared shit-less.

Sucks about the annoying teens behind you.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    totally great reading there. you had me hooked at 'live action cartman fat'.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I wish I lived in this magical land where adults can punch annoying minors, and not get arrested for assault cause I've wanted to knock out many many pre-teens at the movies.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go quite that far. However I do think that this movie is 100% unnecessary, and pales in comparison with the original in every single possible way.

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Reminds me of when I worked in a cinema about a dozen years ago, we showed late night screenings of films. Had a showing of Predator, I had a life size latex Predator head (unmasked) and hands/gauntlets (won it in a competition, it was Fox approved, it was so sweet). Crawled out from behind a counter, made a drunk guy wet himself by creeping up behind him!

11. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I suppose I was a little harsh, the bits he didn't mess about with were still ok. But I love the original and this seemed to completely miss the point.

12. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    :lolol 

If I were you, Bumble Prime, I would have just told those two kids to STFU and enjoy the movie instead of acting like total weenies. Hell, I could probably beat up the fat kid to death and use his fat like a pillow. :p 

Anywho, sounds like Halloween made by Rob Zombie doesn't really cut it for me.

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

OMG this isfunny as hell! LOL anyways where I live I don't think anyone did anything except laugh there asses off. But anyways I might be interested in watching Rob's version of Halloween, but Mr. Zombie doesn't need to put his wife in every movie he makes 'cause that just odd as hell, but I think that just who he is.

14. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I saw Mr. Zombie's Halloween this weekend and I didn't hate it. The main difference between this film and the original is mainly in the style of the directors involved. Where Carpenter chose to create mood, suspense and let the music and the audience's imagination do most of the work, Zombie chose to show you everything without creating much in the way of mood and suspense. Carpenter created real characters in his film and Zombie chose to fill his with white trash and teenagers who were infinitely more annoying than the kids in the original.

While I did find the regression of Michael Myers interesting, once they re-introduced him 15 years later as a giant beast of a man (there must be one hell of a gym in Smith's Grove Sanitarium!) and returned to Haddonfield the film became more of a knock off than anything else. The pacing of the original was slow with Michael Myers stalking his prey. In the remake, once they return to Haddonfield, it's all about Michael Myers and the kill and Zombie makes sure to get right to it.

I give Zombie his props for tackling the project, I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to try it because I feel he really respects the original, but just like all the remakes in Hollywood lately, this was just really unnecessary. I'll probably get this on DVD if it comes out in an unrated, expanded edition, but I'll stick with the original.

15. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw the new Halloween yesterday and surprisingly I didn't hate it. Although, it will never come close to the original, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I didn't like the whole white trash, young Michael, prequel stuff. I don't really need to know why Michael is what he is. The movie didn't get better for me until adult Michael escaped and went on a rampage. Carpenter still did it way better, though.

16. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I can't stop thinking of Michael's name and going "Heh, Mike Myers."

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't see Rob Zombie's version. I'm interested to, though I do feel that it's not neccessary. I think Malcolm McDowell for Loomis is pretty cool. I just watched John Carpenter's Halloween two nights ago, and Halloween II last night. Damn I love those movies. Especially 2. I also was a fan of Halloween 6. I have the special producer's version of 6 which was completely different from the theatrical release. 7 and 8 were the most lacking of Halloween movies. So lacking that they dug themselves such a hole that there was no where to go with another sequel and all that could do was remake the first one.
    I felt H20 - "Halloween Water" was too teeny bopper, but at least it had a decent ending with Myers getting his head lopped off. But then they totally undid all of that with Ressurection with the stupid survival explanation and the horrible way they disregarded Laurie Strode. The thing I hated MOST about 7 and 8 was the way the totally pretended 4 - 6 never ever happened.
    So does Rob Zombie leave enough room for himself at the end for a sequel to his remake? Is Laurie Strode still Myer's sister?

18. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

SPOILERS!

There's a little, tiny bit of room. Yes Laurie's still his sister but she'd have to be the world's worst shot if there's to be a sequel. Considering how well it did at the box office this weekend, I'm sure there will be another, even though Rob Zombie says he won't do it.

19. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

How well did it do? I'll be honest, I'm too lazy to check it my self.

20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty