Saw Alice in Chains and Velvet Revolver this weekend.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pscoop, Sep 24, 2007.

1. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    What an awesome show. It was a no bullshit rock show and both bands sounded awesome.

I was a huge AIC fan in highschool and it seemed strange to see them without Layne, but I never got a chance to see them before, and Jerry is awesome solo, so I went in with an open mind. The guy singing with them, William Duval, does not try to impersonate Layne, but still sounds great with Jerry. Awesome setlist,I wish it could have been longer but my voice is still jacked from screaming along.

Velvet put on an awesome show too. I was never a huge Scott Weiland fan but have enjoyed him more since being in VR. Seeing Slash open up the show with a blazing riff behind a tarp, top-hat and cigarette in place was a perfect opening. The G n R guys still sound amazing and tight, probably better when not weighted down with Axel drama. I found myself more entertained with Scott than I expected and his voice sounded strong throughout. They played a pretty good set, probably 7 or so songs from their new album 6 or so from the first and as a nice surprise threw in 3 STP and 3 GnR songs mixed through out the set. 1st encore song was Mr. Brownstone which was freaking awesome.

I went to Alice and they did not disappoint, VR really impressed me and was just a great experience all around. I highly recommend going if you were ever a fan of AIC, STP or G n R.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dont care for AIC, but i dug STP. yay acronyms!

3. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Bring back GN'R!

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hey, don't worry, Chinese Democracy will be out so-- :lolol 

Yeah, I can't even make it through that sentence without laughing. :lol 

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Flip those acronyms and you get my opinion. Never liked Scott Weiland much.

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Bah. Saw the real AIC in '93. Saw STP in..'99? No. 4 tour. Hell, saw GnR in '92 for that matter. VR's first didn't do much for me, though I'd go see them before 'AIC'..since AIC doesn't exist anymore.

Also seen RHCP, JAMC, RATM, NIN, SDRE, AtDI, BRMC...

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love to see AIC, I'm jealous! I'm not into Velvet Revolver though, but I'm glad you enjoyed it

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Congrats dude! Velvet Revolver is hands down the best live show I've ever seen. Granted thats probably because they played Mr. Brownstone, one of the G n' R covers my old band used to do but they put on a helluva show anyway :thumb 

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw the real AIC in 1993 they were incredibly awesome, I couldn't see myself going to see what they have now without Layne.

I would love to see VR though, I had tickets to see them when they were coming through STL but the show got cancelled :( 

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was going to see AIC back in the day when they were touring with Metallica. Layne went into rehab and the show got cancelled. I had seen Cantrell solo in concert and he was pretty good. I agree seeing them with Layne would have been better, but since I missed my chance, I had to check them out. Glad I did.

11. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Don't really care for Alice in Chains, but I'd like to see Velvet Revolver. I've enjoyed both their albums.