Save the Darkstalkers figures!!! Pre-Order today!!!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MGX, Nov 30, 2007.

1. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SOTA's Darkstalkers is in trouble. The toyline isn't nearly as famous as SOTA's Street Fighter line and as a result, retailers won't order it. And with no new games, cartoons or movies coming out to spark interest, Darkstalkers' SOTA line is in trouble.

The toys won't come out unless people pre-order the figures. SOTA tried releasing them in stores, but retailers didn't recognize the characters. Since July there have been 560 orders out of 3500 so far. Needless to say, we have a long way to go. And many folks are unaware that the line isn't coming out, unless they meet the pre-order quota.

The biggest problems are:
    • People aren't aware of the line to pre-order
    • People don't pre-order anything, expecting to find them in stores
    • People don't know the line is in danger.

Here's a general idea of what they look like...

These are the first two characters...

[​IMG][​IMG]

We also have Morrigan...whom fans hope can get her in the Pre-Orders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIS is the one they should have for a pre-order!!! This Morigan is the original version from SDCC 2006. The one below is from SDCC 2007.

And here's Morrigan and Lilith...coming out after Demitri and L. Raptor

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just got to SOTA's website to help get this line into production--Here is the link!

Demitri http://www.sotatoys.com/itemdetails.html?products_id=93&categories_id=

L. Raptor
    http://www.sotatoys.com/itemdetails.html?products_id=94&categories_id=

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'm not that great a fan of Darkstalkers. Capcom D&D games figures on the other hand would be a must buy. As well as "King of Dragons" and "Magic Sword" characters.

3. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy either Morrigan or Lillith...but don't care for the other characters as much.

4. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    I'm not feelin the vamp girls.. the areas where the pelvis and legs connect look weird..

the only characters i liked from this series is the chinese zombie and felicia :) 

5. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I've preordered those guys a while back. Weren't the preorders over 700 on each only 3 months ago? I think interest is waning. Sucks too, cause I'm sure they'd sell if more casual people were aware. If you preorder em from BBTS, you'll save $4 too.

6. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Preorders are in the 560's.

And on the action-figure sites, we are trying to tell SOTA to include Morrigan in the Pre-Order section.

Demitri and Raptor alone aren't hacking it.

7. Reeds

Yeah, that would probably make all the difference.

8. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Are Demitri and Raptor popular DS characters?

You'd think that you would want to setup a release for the most popular of the bunch... that guarantees high pre-order numbers...

9. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

yeah seriously if they had released them first I would have been sold, Dimitri is ok but the other one....meh.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See that's where SOTA's failing on this one... there really aren't too many people interested in Lord Raptor and people are only semi-interested in Demetri. Personally, I'd jump on Morrigan, Lilith or Felicia... hell, even that crazy Werewolf or Jarrod or Pyron I'd buy... but I always thought Lord Raptor was a horrible character with a dumb design. If Morrigan were included in the preorder though I'd be all over these figures.

11. Reeds

Yeah, anything Morrigan, Lilith, Felicia sells, so they should've done waves of one chick, one dude to get interest going. I'd love the whole line, especially Anakaris and Talbain.

Edit: hey, I like Lord Raptor. :) 

12. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did make more than those figures...

[​IMG]

This is an old picture. From SDCC 2006.

13. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Good old toy companies... assume females don't sell and push the most popular of the bunch back, relying on overpriced preorders for a second-tier character and a forgettable nobody character.

14. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Demitri's the M Bison of the series- he's pretty much ticked everyone else off at some point. He has the hots for morrigan but he's no much interested in her personality as he is in owning her like a potted plant or something.

Lord Raptor is a relatively half-assed clone of Iron Maiden's mascot zombie Eddie.

15. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Lilith and Morrigan are Succubi, ranoobo, not Vampires. Just a clarification.

In any case, I'd rather have BB Hood and Hsien-Ko :( 

16. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I made a pre-order for both, however as stated, morrigan and Lilith/felicia should have been up with these guys. They would sell for sure.

Personally, if this goes well (doubtful) I would love to have a BB Hood, Phobos and Jedah as well

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now see... I would preorder if Anakaris were in the set instead of Lord Raptor as I do want a Demitri.

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, that kind of nonesense almost works for regular toylines (especially in boys toys), but when you're basically making these for adult fans (I don't know too many kids who'd buy these or would even know they exist if they would buy them do to KB being the only place I've ever seen carry any of the SF figures) they should really take the fans into consideration and make the most popular characters first... than see if the line will support the second and third stringers.

19. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's suicide for the line. If they release all the really cool figures first, then after the last good character comes out, the line fizzles. You wouldn't care who else comes out because you got all the best characters from the door.

It's like the Street Fighter line. You got Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, M. Bison all at the beggining and now we have a whole bunch of the less popular characters to ask for. A Ryu character sells itself practically. But try selling Oro or Twelve. SOTA's Street Fighter line is now at the tail end of the character spectrum--the point where most of the characters are obscure, because they released all the awesome characters first.

They have to release a balance. You want a really strong character to carry a wave. You also want to sell the less popular characters as well. If they released Morrigan (the good sculpt from SDCC 2006, not the last one we saw at SDCC 2007), then this line should have no problem selling.

And if you see any SF figures at KB...those are knock offs.

20. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Ooooh! Nother Morri and Lillith to add to my collection!