Satomiblood's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Satomiblood, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I started collecting in late 2007, a few months after the first live action movie came out. I have to say that when I first started, that I went hog wild and bought from numerous lines (G1, Movie, Titanium, Alternators, Universe AEC, Classics/2.0).

It wasn't until a few years ago that I decided to narrow the focus on my collection. I had to sell off some great pieces, but it was getting out of hand. I mainly collect Classics et al., Masterpiece, Revoltech, and any 3rd Party add-on or figure that strikes my interest. However, I'll also make purchases outside of those lines on occasion (ROTF Bludgeon, ROTF Mindwipe and Prime Soundwave). This explains my hybrid Decepticon shelf (Pic 2). I personally don't feel there's a rule to collecting or displaying, so you might see a few things that other fans may find unsettling such as Prime Soundwave standing near RTS Cyclonus. Whatever.

Please forgive the first two photos. I know they have a cluttered look to them.

I also have a small assortment of customs. Some of them I've won on eBay over the years (Pic 4), while others were created by yours truly (Pic 5). The Junkion you see between Wreck-Gar and Scrapheap was made by our very own Shinobitron. I do own a Junkheap, but he's still on his card at the moment. Also, the custom Dead End (Pic 3) is from another one of our own Radicons: Grimlocka Go-Go.

Anyway, enjoy this tiny glimpse into my collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Very impressive collection!

That Classics Megatron really stands out, I don't often see him in a collection. Love the Hercules.

3. Satomiblood

Thanks. I've actually owned Henkei Megatron on 2 separate occasions, but ended up selling him off both times in favor of the Classics version. Honestly, I can't even explain why the Nerf gun won out twice. I think it's because the colors grew on me. Also, the Henkei versions were much easier to unload.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nerfatron seems to just stick out, i think that's why i never replaced him either, really like the gobot customs, and i think i have most of the same Hybrid Decepticons that you do, other than Lockdown (until i get one) in my classics love the collection, not much love for Autobots?

5. Satomiblood

There is. I just need to take more photos.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, though I have the United one as well as the Hasbro one, for some reason, the color scheme on the Hasbro version just works for me as well.

Great collection, can't wait to see more pics.

Damn, every time I see Herc, I can't wait till mine finally arrives (only have two pieces in a tub right now), and seeing that ML Soundwave in with classics really makes me think I shouldn't have passed on that in the past. Still holding out hope for a proper classics on (in vain).

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

This here is what we call "WINNING" folks :) 

I can't wait to see more of your collection! Thanks so much for sharing it with us :) 

8. Satomiblood

Yeah, ML Soundwave and Soundblaster are both totally worth it. I don't own the white version, but I love the mold in general.

Thanks, Allen.

You should know that the middle Junkion is from our very own Shinobitron.

9. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

nice collection

10. Satomiblood

Thanks.

11. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

Awesome collection. More please.

12. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! Hercules FTW! :D 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I didn't think it was something you'd made, but I wasn't sure. As far as quality of work goes, I couldn't tell a difference between that and your own work :wink: 

I figured that your collection might be like mine where I've posted some customs and some I just haven't either gotten to shooting photos are cared enough to post :lol 

Congrats on that score! :thumb 

14. Satomiblood

Yea, he also had a custom Overbite on eBay that I narrowly lost out on. I'd happily display that as part of my collection.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    those customs are sweet, i love the nod