Sari's purpose?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Been wondering about it again. Since it was never explicitly stated in the Animated show, what are your theories? All we have been shown is that it seems to be something to do with protoforms.

And how do you all think she first ended up in Prof. Sumdac's lab? Was she left there by someone? Maybe teleported there somehow?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I imagine her ultimate purpose was to give true, sentient life to the Protoforms after the Allspark's destruction or something. I really wish the show, or at least the story, didn't end their because I'd really like to have found out what that was about.

3. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Same here. There were still quite a few loose ends after the end of season 3. As well as the mystery surrounding Sari, we never got to find out the fates of Magnus and BA & Wasp.

And if Sari's purpose was indeed to give life to protoforms, why did she first appear on Earth and not Cybertron?

Maybe she was created by the Allspark directly?

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The most logical theory I ever heard was that the AllSpark itself teleported here there, with the intent of having her become half-organic so that she could act as an inter-species "ambassador" of sorts.

5. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

I always thought Sari was the living embodiment of Vector Sigma...I mean she did have a key that unlocked her potential, ala VS. I could be wrong though.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. I like to think of her as pretty much the living AllSpark.

7. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I also have wondered before whether Sari and BA's paths might have crossed somehow in future should the show have continued. Was it coincidence that they were both 'techno-organics'? The difference was that one had not known what she was, whilst the other was tormented by it. Maybe Sari might have eventually presented BA with the answer she needed to rid herself of her organic 'contamination'?

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kids like having someone (young/small/innocent) to relate to. Sari fills that roll in Animated. Spike was it in G1. Other shows through in the young character that older people tend to hate. MASK=Scott Tracket/Tebob, Ghostbusters=Slimer, Thundercats=Snarf, He-Man=Orko. Comics did it to for a time. Robin, Aqualad, etc.

9. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    That's actually a good observation about the key. Maybe that was the reason it didn't kill her when she upgraded herself with it at the start of season 3. The key apparently would have killed BA when she plugged it into herself in her season 1 episode "Along Came a Spider".

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I thought her purpose as a character was to give younger viewers an eye into the world of the Transformers, she can ask all the questions the audience need to ask without a room full of 'bots giving of reams of exposition. She would also have been designed as a way of potentially bringing female viewers into an otherwise male orientated franchise thanks to the mass appeal of the Transformers family movie.
    From a storyline POV, she was half organic half transformer, potentially the embodiment of VS or the allspark, possibly something new altogether, like the next evolutionary leap of the transformers.

11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Is there a chance that this might be answered in the continuing Transformers Animated comics? I sure hope so.

Was it specifically mentioned in the cartoon that she was from a protoform?

12. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    There are no continuing TFA comics..it's what people are hoping for but they have never been announced.

Details on the Allspark Almanac do reveal that it will also feature info about the toys and what they had in stores if Animated had continued..maybe we will read something about it in that book.

13. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I guess I got a little confused on which book was being published. Keeping my fingers crossed that we finally get some closure in there.

14. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

pretty much this, but i think that's staring too long and hard at the man behind the curtain. to further spoil the fun she also gave the young (and the not so young) 'uns that awesome "i can be a transformer too!" feeling, which is groovy.

in canon terms, she was likely to be - as mentioned above - an ambassador of sorts, or simply the next step of evolution for both species. i don't think she was going to be the bio-robotic reincarnation of Vector Sigma or anything so mind-meltingly confusing.

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i always thought she would at some point go on to be both a maximal and a godmaster warrior as well

16. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Dude, she's not there to use dead Prowl as her transtector.

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

not prowl necesarily

18. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

actually i was thinking that prowls body might be recasted recycled whatever the proper term would be for melting down a lifeless cybertronians body and then recasting and rebuilding the entire body piece by piece so as to thoroughly remove any and alll traces of the formerly living cybertronians life essence from its currently lifeless body as a way for that dead person to contribute to those still living

basicly full body organ donoring as it were but applied to the transformers mythos

19. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Sooooooo you're saying its less creepy to use my friend's recycled organs and body as body armor versus actually using my friend's lifeless body as armor?

Ok.

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I could see Sari work as some sort of Godmaster. I dunno..maybe as the core of a Fortress Maximus kind of character. Something huge.

Doubt that was what they would go for though, seeing all the crazy powers she has.