Sari Sumdac for Transformers 3...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Midnight, May 23, 2010.

1. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

As the new main female character.

What do you guys think?

Personally i'd be happy if there was no romantic subplot for this one but if there just has to be then i'd be cool with this.

She dosnt have to be techno organic IMO..

I think it would be interesting if she were a scientist character.

Scientist > whatever Megan Fox was supposed to be.

2. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like this. It gives the Cybertronians a spokesperson, this gives the bots more time to shine. After all, we did notice that Cybertronians weren't able to express themselves well in the movie. Aside from short scenes here and there, we weren't able to obtain enough scenes which shows the personality and character for the Cybertronians. But if Sari is there, it is possible. She can show the wants and drives of the Cybertronian. She can both relate to both Cybertronians and humans to better define both races.

I for one liked Sari's added maturity that was shown when she was battling to save Optimus and the others from Soundwave during season 3 of Animated. She seemed to have learned from her mistakes and used what power was left available to her to help her friends. Also, I for one like animated(and was irritated when it wasn't renewed), so having animated leave a mark on other Transformer stories would be a plus.

They should have a good actress play her. Maybe an actress that can bring back a sense of wonder, innocence and action. Who can this actress be? Emma Watson, Dakota Fanning? Just an actress that can show the best aspects of Cybertronians while giving a sense of awe/amazement and coolness during the action/fight scenes.

And I also agree that there doesn't really need to be any romantic sub lot. Maybe Sam and Sari can interact in a brother sister sort of way so that they can learn from each other. Maybe this can add into the film some story and real acting.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I wouldn't like it... partly because I'm not a fan of Animated.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't want to see what would happen with her in Bay's sleazy hands. Besides, TF3 is probably locked down in terms of what they can add at this stage.

But if they ever do a rebooted series of movies, it could probably be worked in to good effect.

5. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

if Sari were in a live-action TF movie I'd perfer her to be a techno organic. It'd be insteresting

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Adding a young kid to the mix is a GREAT idea. I think that's something that diminishes as Shia gets older per each sequel - someone needs to bring us as the audience back to that place of childlike wonder, a la Drew Barrymore in ET. A kid's reaction to the Bots would be a wonderful addition, I just don't know how well Bay could handle it.

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I say absolutely not. Young kids are nothing but epic fail in my other two favorite franchises, Star Wars and Jurassic Park.

I simply don't trust young actors' abilities (in general) and their inclusion in PG-13 action/adventures tends to lead to more "kiddiefying" of the dialogue and story than is appropriate (although in ROTF we got too much college frat boy garbage...not sure which is worse, honestly).

I realize this is a gross generalization, but without knowing any specific actress that would be cast in the role I have to generalize. I wasn't a fan of Sari in TFA, though, so that doesn't help the cause in my eyes.

8. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

She dosnt have to be a kid.

I was thinking more of an adult style character.

And if they don't get an Indian actress to play her that would be the lamest thing ever.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Personally, I want what you are smoking.