Sandiego Comic Con entry?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Lazerwave, May 19, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    My family is thinking about taking me to the Sandiego Comic-Con. But I went on the site and registry are confusing. I don't know how to get entry for the Comic Con and parts of the site say sold out. Has anyone ever gone to Comic Con? If yes how do I get admission or do I need membership to enter the Comic Con?

2. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

It's sold out for this year unfortunately. If you or someone you know is in the Comics, Film or Toy industry, then you can get a Professional pass or be a guest of a professional. Otherwise you're out of luck.

If you want to go to Comic Con plan way ahead since I believe the general admission registration sold out in December.

3. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

This is my first year going, and I purchased my tickets back in October, I think? Something like that.

At any rate, if you want to give it a go at next year, I just suggest hitting the Comic Con site every day. Tickets go faily quick at full price, and then they go super-fast once they're on sale. (I think this year they were originally $300 bucks for first grabs, and then they knocked them down to $100. Once they hit $100, you blink and they're pretty much gone.) And then, if you're partaking in a hotel, I think you have to book even further ahead.

That said, I'm sorry you won't be able to go--but I hope you and your family find something just as snazzy to partake in.

4. MiraiBaby

MiraiBaby Til All Are Gone

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like everyone else has said, all tickets for the San Diego Comic-Con 2010 (4-day passes and all 1-day passes) are now completely sold out. The tickets went on-sale on the website in mid-August and quickly sold out in mid-November (I ended up buying my 4-day ticket the day before they sold out). I am sorry for you being let down by this but, with Comic-Con's popularity, you have to buy your tickets several months in advance.

However, there is hope!

There are two ways of getting the tickets now, and both of which include eBay.

Comic-Con tickets are bought by some people and then sold for outrageous prices on eBay ($600-$800). I have heard that, while you can get the ticket this way, it is NOT such a good idea -- I have heard that SDCC is stepping up their security game and could, in fact, start barcoding people at random times/places. If they do that to your badge and find out that the name listed for that badge's code number doesn't match the name on your ID, your badge could get taken and you kicked out of the convention. (personally, I would never pay inflated prices for a convention ticket anyway. I'd much rather buy at the regular price, no matter how much I love that convention) You could, conversationally, use Craig's List for this same thing but, again, I in no way suggest this just in case SDCC decides to crack down (not only do I not suggest it, but this is also an illegal practice).

The second way is much the same, MUCH cheaper, but incredibly hard to do. If you are quick and incredibly dedicated, San Diego Comic-Con has an official eBay page (user: sdcomic_con) where they place up the refunded SDCC tickets that they got back throughout the year. They start flinging out two pages worth of listings every night in late June/early July and every single time they do they're gone within minutes. You can try this way of getting the badges (the eBay page uses Buy It Now for the actual sale price and nothing more, so you won't be charged extra) but there is no guarantee you will receive a badge and you have to be incredibly quick once the announcement is made on Twitter (@comic_con). SDCC is watched by some 20,000 people and you have to be faster than all of them if you want your badge. I'd suggest watching their Twitter account for updates.

There is apparently a catch with this way, however. Each eBay/PayPal account can only win one ticket. Even if you get another eBay name with the same PayPal card, SDCC will take away that win from you and post it up for someone else. I am not so sure if this is real, however. I have never had to use this way of getting badges in the past, but merely getting information from other postings on other sites.

SDCC tickets have never been that much, fyi -- they were sold pre-registration for 2010 on-site last year for $100 at SDCC 2009, and then placed on the website for $100 (both pre-reg with preview night and without were same price). The one-day passes, which could have also been bought, added up to being $125 (Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun) if you had to go that route.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:

BotCon????

6. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Sorry! I could have sworn they were posted for $300 dollars to start with--because I remember watching the site for a couple of months, thinking there was no was I could feasably afford to pay that much.

Also, from registration it does indeed seem like they're quite adament about security. (Or at least they are, if they're going to be as strict as they've been saying in emails and such.) And so it looks like they're doing ever possible to discourage purchasing tickets that aren't directly through them.

And indeed, Botcon would be something just as snazzy! ^__^