San Diego Comic Con questions HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 2, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok I decided I really want to go to SDCC, and yes I know it is sold out but I know someone who has a ticket for sale.
    I don't know what the normal price for tickets is, the person is selling it for $500, is that a fair price or a screw you price? It is for Thursday - Sunday one adult
    Are kids under a certain age free???

I also don't want to get screwed by this deal and I've never done Comic con before so I don't want to pay $500 only to get a registration number to get a badge? The badge thing confuses me.

Also all the panels and stuff I wanna go see, are those extra? Do I have to sign up in advance or is it line up and first come first serve type thing?

What else is there at comic con? I know there are booths and stuff, what are at the booths? stuff you can buy or people you can talk to? free stuff?

Is there a walking distance hotel or all hotels pretty much booked out by now??

Also if I do this I would be going by myself? (something I'm not too keen on doing.) Is there anyone going that wouldn't mind hanging out with a 34 year old female transformer/tmnt fan?

I am asking for advances on birthday presents for this so I really really REALLY want to do this and go to the transformers/tmnt/voice acting panels.
    Any help you guys can provide would be wonderful. Thanks!!!

2. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ask them when the heck are they going to release bigger and more complex figure!

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm typing on my iPod rather than a laptop because the laptop died, so forgive any typos ahead of time, especially since this post will be rather long...

First, what exactly is this person trying to sell you? Badge owners are not allowed to sell their badges to other people. When you show up at the convention, you register by name and show photo ID (be it for a four day pass or individual badges). You shouldn't be able to get in period unless you're trying to game the system (you share the same name as this person or you look a helluva lot like them).

There are several hotels within walking distance since the convention center is downtown (?), right next to Petco Park and the Gaslamp district, which is a big tourist thing. It's also right across the street from a trolley station, which is the primary means of transportation to and from the convention since driving there is...not advisable. That said, I'm sure every nearby hotel is either sold out or going for very pricey rates. A friend I know who normally goes looked at a hotel last second (she had to sell her house in the area last second) but couldn't get anything, so she has to stay with a friend who lives downtown.

There are several panels for TV shows, movies and other stuff. Booths sell anything from comics to toys to memorabilia to art. Company booths display stuff like memorabilia or upcoming products (Hasbro, Mattel, Sideshow, Lego, etc.).

However, if you didn't have at least a badge, and ideally a hotel room reserved unless you knew someone locally you could stay with, you're fucked. There are no last second decisions to go to SDCC anymore. There is no walk-up registration. You're not allowed to buy badges from people already registered to go. Badges also became no refundable after late May, so I doubt any badges or individual day passes will go up in the last few days before the convention because people aren't guaranteed a refund if they have to cancel last second.

4. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    And... gone.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this person bought the registration but hasn't registred so it's like they are selling me the registration? does that make sense?

and please this isn't a thread to tell me to ask certain questions, it is to help me with going, thank you lb 51

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nevermind it's been pulled (after I aked the seller how they are selling this when they are not allowed to)