San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Friday July 23rd IDW Transformers Panel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 9, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Here are some more details from the Comic-Con Website

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I'm dissapointed/annoyed nothing new TFwise was announced at Botcon from IDW, I hope they have something to say here as I'd like some more character focused minis after Drift.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Unless they announce another Wreckers series by Nick Roche, I have no interest in this.

4. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm with you. There's been so much focus on the human cast, and so much that just rubs wrong (ie. seems contrary established personalities and canon)... I'm losing interest in the ongoing series quickly.

BUT Wreckers (like the other epic mini-series Stormbringer, War Within, Origin Megatron) seems to respect the lore more – and have some real character development in the ROBOTS.

Let's face it... we're here for the robots. We want to see what happens in the lives of these toys we buy... not their little human buddies. The comics are supposed to bring them to life. Humans should be present, but not be the focus.

5. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Since they're our only legal option for it, I kindly ask someone here to ask them to consider doing Animated comics written by Marty Isenberg with art not by Dario Brizuela and definitely NOT the entire season 4 condensed to six issues.

Just because I love Animated doesn't mean I'll take crap. I already had to go through that with Beast Wars.

As for Nick Roche and James Roberts, I don't care if it's Wreckers or something else, I'll take either of them working their magic.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Kinda curious to see if they take TF Ongoing anywhere.

7. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I really hope this panel is better than the BotCon one. What a disappointment. No one seemed to know much of anything. The booth in the dealer room was a joke too. Hopefully being in San Diego will encourage them to have more of a presence.

8. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are some more details from the Comic-Con Website

Quote:
    12:00-1:00 IDW and Their 'Bro— Representatives from IDW and Hasbro discuss what's coming up next in the world of Transformers, G.I. Joe, and the impending relaunch of Dungeons & Dragons. IDW's Andy Schmidt moderates a panel with D&D editor Denton Tipton and writers John Rogers and Alex Irvine, G.I. Joe artist Robert Atkins, writer Mike Costa, and more! Room 8

Color me excited for this almost as much as further TF. And I totqlly agree about Nick & we need more TFA.