San Diego Comic Con 09

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by goestron, Apr 3, 2009.

1. goestron

goestron Well-Known Member

This is my first time going. I went to register for a 4-day badge today only to find out they are all sold out... along with Saturday passes. So I purchased Thursday/Friday passes and am skipping out on Sunday.

I'm excited to see all the panels and check out this massive convention. But most importantly I want to pick up some of those nifty comic-con exclusive toys from hasbro/mattel/etc.

Can anyone lend me some comments as to when during the convention do they start selling toy exclusives? Are they in the dealers room, or are they set up in another special room? Do they sell the exclusives during the convention, do they sell out quickly? How long is the usual wait in line?

Sucks I can't buy a four day pass anymore, so I hope i will be able to get some cool stuff on Thursday and Friday.

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    you have to line up way early for the most sought after exclusives, most of them are sold out quick due to people with exhibitor/pro badges lining up before the con's even open, so being first in line would increase your chance, use Thursday to find out where you need to be for the exclusives and plan out your route

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Best of luck getting shit from Hasbro be it exclusive or otherwise. They are terrible when it comes to this. Horrible line, you have to get a ticket to even have a chance at being able to get in line, and it may not even be for the day you're attending.

And all that stuff is all setup in the dealer room.

4. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Unless the exclusives this year are as good as last year (Classics Nemesis Prime and Titanium Skywarp) I wouldn't be getting them. Even though it's only a 2 hour drive from my house the long lines just for the exclusives is a deterrance for me.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    You should have gotten the sunday pass, last sunday, they got rid of the ticket thing and sold them to whoever had money. I purchased some exclusives I wouldn't of because of that. I hate waiting in line. (You will do it all convention) If you really want to get to a panel get in line an hour or 2 early(sometimes 4) If there are several good ones in a row, try to get into the first one. Chances are most of the audience won't leave the room. Bring a gameboy or something to keep you going in the long line waiting. If you don't get one and it's sold out, look around, chances are at least 5 dealers have a few. They will mark it up, but if the news haven't hit them yet it's usually only 10 bucks more.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm a pro. I got a pro badge. I get to go all 4 days. I don't pay.

MWA hahahahaha.

7. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Yes but unless your in a panel you have to wait in line like everyone else.

8. Lord Of Tetris

This is true. To be honest, I'm not all that excited about, well, any of the exclusives this year. I already have a G1 Soundwave and the Music Label Soundwave. It won't be like 2007, when I was going to fight to the death to get myself an Alternator Rodimus.

9. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aarrrgh. '08.

For Hasbro, at least, you had to go to another part of the 'Con to wait in line for a ticket; this would let you get in line for a period of like 2-4 hours, printed on said ticket. They did this in an effort to manage the lines.

It failed horribly. Said lines ended up stalling the first day from what I can remember to the point where security had to butt in; apparently they were only giving out so many exclusives a day of a kind, from what I can recall? Been a while. Anyway, I ended up getting my stuff on...Saturday, IIRC.

Still. Get your ticket as soon as you get in the door, then get in line and prepare to wait.

10. Lord Of Tetris

Do we have a list of all of Hasbro's exclusives? So far I know of a Megatron bust statue and a Soundwave re-issue. I'm not really interested in either one of those...

I AM interested to know if there will be a Wolverine panel, though. I have a few questions I'd like to ask Ryan Reynolds...

11. killingbee

killingbee Well-Known Member

Well Friday is 96% sold out.

12. killingbee

Comic Con is a little than a month away, does anyone have any idea about what kind of Transformers stuff is going to be there?

13. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I thought I read the folowoing were SDCC exlcuives this year:

1) a Megatron Bust
    2) the Soundwave reissue with 4 tapes
    3) a metallic colored Optimus Mighty Mugg

14. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    In the same area where you pick up your pass there will be a table set up by Hasbro to pick up a ticket to purchase items from their store. Hasbro and Mattel exclusives will be a hassle to buy. Every other exclusives are easy to get.

15. killingbee

I wasn't thinking about exclusives, I was wondering more about panels and whose attending.

16. killingbee

Well the first trasnformers panel is annouced but it doesn't like anything special.

17. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    12:30-1:30 Hasbro: Transformers 2 Want to see what's new with Transformers? Hasbro's design and marketing teams—Aaron Archer (Hasbro Brand IP Development), Jared Wade and Eric Siebenaler (Hasbro Design), and Michael Ballog and Matt Proulx (Hasbro Marketing)— present all the latest toys from the new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen line. And get a sneak peek into what Hasbro is doing to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Transformers in 2010! Room 7AB

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Just a heads-up, if you guys noticed that Frank Welker's name is listed on the programming schedule for Sunday. He won't be attending, unfortunately. Details here:

http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/frank-welker-comic-con/

But Neil Kaplan will be there, as will other TF-related voice actors Tara Strong, Cree Summer, Charlie Adler, Rob Paulsen, Tom Kenny, Jeff Bennett, and Gregg Berger. (Whew! I think that's all of them.)

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So sad I have to miss it this year. First one I've missed since I started going. But I just can't get the funds to go, and even if I did, wouldn't be able to buy anything (and as fun as some of the panels are, I always had the best time shopping in the dealer room). Hell, I'd not even have a way there right now. Last couple years were such a great time too, especially my first year there, going with the guys, riding the train down there and back, just so much fun lol. Though I did get kinda screwed over last year, paid for 3/4 whatever day pass, only was able to go 1 day because the person I was going with completely flaked out. And of course the year I don't go is the year Hasbro seems to finally have a decent set up for getting tickets for their booth. Of couuuurse -_-

Hope ya'll have a good time though. SDCC is quite an experience.

20. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a dvd panel at Comic Con which will have the TF2 dvd producer. The panel is Thursday.