Minor/Repaint: Samus Aran that actually transforms into a morph ball

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by agentgro420, Jul 24, 2008.

1. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    Bio :Having destroyed every single space pirates that were left after the Phazon episodes, Samus didn't had much left to do
    except for visiting new places around the universe, like waiting for an S.O.S. to get her something to do. Two years later,
    tired of waiting, she thought of putting herself in hibernation stasis, hoping that someday, somehow,
    somebody or something will ever find her and wake her up from sleep. After taking time to put her ship in low
    energy consumption mode, she finally put herself in sleep.

Her ship drove through space, cautiously taking time to get around planets, asteroids and other obstacles.
    Someday, her ship arrived beside a gigantic cube floating blindly in the universe. The ship analyzed that huge thing but
    couldn't find either it's origins nor the materials it was made of. it then tried to take a sample out of that block but
    upon touching it, something weird happened. Electrical sparks went from the cube to the ship, shaking it worst than it ever
    was shaked before.

When Samus finally came back to herself, something was changed... Her suit was (again) corrupted by something she had to
    live with forever. Her body was changed for the eternity to come...

***Tutorial***

What I used:
    -Cybertron Primus
    -Testors Paint Kit
    -Mighty Putty X 4 tubes
    -Krylon Metallic Copper
    -Krylon Prestige Chrome
    -Krylon Metallic Gold
    -Dupli-Color MetalCast Red
    -Dupli-Color MetalCast Orange
    -Screwdriver
    -Dremel Stylus
    -NeoShifters Cozma Tor
    -Bionicles parts
    -Final Fantasy VIII GF's stand base
    -M.A.R.S. set
    -Dollar store Lightsaber
    -McDonald's Spiderman 2 Doc Ock's Claw
    -Spiderman 2 Metro Scene
    -Spiderman Origins Doc Ock
    -Masking Tape roll X 2
    -MacFarlane Cyber Units (any)

What I did:

Armcanon:

So, I took off the right forearm. Then i used the McDonald's Spiderman 2 Doc Ock's Claw (too bad i didn't took a picture before carving it...anyway) to make the first part of the armcanon. I was looking for something to make the 3 rings-like part in the middle of the canon when the kids broke their (cheap) lightsaber. My girlfriend wanted to throw it in the trash, but instead, it found a home in the arcanon...at least, a part of it. The tip of the Canon was the toughest part within this bash...It was my first time sculpting something and i wasn't sure how it would end, but i think it's not so bad. Now, I remove everything around the omega lock except for its base,light and half of it's battery cover. The transparent part on the tip of the omega lock was cut and the excessive part were removed so i could get a transparent, blue cone. This last one was cut in half and i inverted and glued the smallest piece inside the bigger one. Neoshifters' chest piece contains a black cone-like part that's used to contain their little partner and it seems like my blue piece fit just correctly within that cone-like piece. Again, this last one fit right around the remaining of the omega lock (luck?). Then it was glue, fill the holes, make a new battery cover out of almost nothing (and make sure it works afterward) then sand everything down and make it look somewhat polish and rounded...Now that the tip was done, i had to make sure that it would lit up when I'll plug it into the other part of the canon. I used the ''omega lock receiver'' in the back of Primus (which i wouldn't have used anyway) and put it in at the bottom of the bigger part of the canon. After a lots of tries and guesses, i finally did it but I had to add a screw at the bottom to make sure the light would lit up. Chromed it and glued it to the arm piece (this last part was done at the very last minute).

Grappling hook:

Not much here... Simply added one of those bionicles parts at the tip of the (left) forearm canons. Painted a Doc Ock mechanized arm and drilled a hole at one part. Glued a piece of plastic at the tip that could hold the claw. Some random parts were used to attach the claw properly. Spiderman Origins Doc Ock' claw was used since i wanted a crystal-like shape at the middle of the claw. Painted the claw with black and the crystal with blue. Drybrushed the claw without touching the crystal.Done.

Head:

I used Neoshifters' Cozma Tor' head to make Samus' head. Little sanding were needed on both sides of the mask and minor sculpting on the mouthplate were required. After some experiments, i found out that Krylon Copper makes a good (cheap) primer for MetalCast red. Every other red parts on Samus were painted that way. Next, I used 2 Cyber Units tubes (I bought those on sale so i could get many parts to use in future project;) ) and carefully cut and glued them where they belongs. I had to kinda resculpt the neck piece to fit it but couldn't attach the already-there LED to the head.The head still lits up when i press the button on the back of its head.

Morph Ball:

That was the second toughest (and longest) part. I removed every ''buildings'' off Primus' surface. Some smaller patch were filled with putty then sanded down. Every moving weapons were removed from her legs , which in turn left a lot of holes to fill. Since i didn't want to pay 40$ worth of putty only to fill the legs and make that bash weight to much, I used my imagination. Chunks of discarded plastics and some trailer parts (from another broken kid's toy. They are really useful:D ) were used to fill and hide the holes. I smoothed the holes with some putty then sanded it down. THat sounds easy, but it wasn't. There's too many pieces in those legs!!

Chest Piece:

Resculpted FFVIII GFs Stand Base and a M.A.R.S. set piece (see jin's Classic Soundwave's canon) and carved some details within the chest piece. Painted then used a discarded round piece that would attach to the center of Primus' Chest.

Paint:

Too much Masking tape were used to do this...Anyway, mask everything i didn't want to be orange and used a white primer as the base coat. Orange was added after primer cured.

End:

Some paint touch ups here and there...

[ATT]14134[/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    looks good. only suggestions would be to extend out the cannon shooter arm (his right) right now it looks like a stump mising a hand :O

3. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    i know, like i said, armcannon isn't completed yet. i still need to find one more piece ( already have the tip of the cannon, missing the rings-like part) to complete it and i think i found it.

let's say this cannon is only halfway done even though there's more to add to this to make it look like the real thing.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

FUCKING AWESOME

I can't wait to see it done.

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Uh,that's primus,their god. Not prime,autobot leader.

Anyway,i love this idea,i'm just worried about getting the female proportions (sleek legs and big boobs) right for her.

6. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    oops...sorry...typo...fixed!

i won't make big breast, sorry (again)!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you definitely have to unflatten the chest *L* you could remold the left arm's pop-out guns to be more like her grappling beam attachment too.

8. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is freakin awesome, man!
    The head looks great. So does the work you did on the arm cannon. Did you do the sculpting yourself?

Also, the grapple beam idea from Redline is neat. Could be a nice addition. Can't wait to see it finished! :D 

9. Rhinox555

no boobies? aww. Well what about the giant shoulders spheres?

10. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    i feel like i don't need to add the shoulder spheres with those shoulder pads already present.

as for a chest piece, i think i can come up with something.

i'll show more pics when i'll get my hand on a camera.

and the grappling hook was already on my mind...i just don,t know (yet) how i'll do it.

anyway, thanks for the comments and suggestions!

grayfox, it's a modified ''McDonald's happy meal Spider-man 2 doc ock claw''

11. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

glad to see u doing this, i still have to do mine from cybertron sideways.

12. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Intriguing

13. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    Check out the Sigma Strike dudke if you are in need of Arm Cannon fodder!

BTW Brilliant idea

14. Rhinox555

Are you kidding me? the spheres, boobs and helmet define her,i'm sorry but with only the helmet left this will not even slightly resemble samus.

15. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Do better then !!!

16. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:

like nemesis predaking says.

anyway, i do my best and i'm not even close to be a semi-professionnal when it comes to sculpting and finding other parts that could fit AND looks like her sphere shoulders could be a pain in the ass. thanks for you cc anyway.

17. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This has the potential to be really cool!

18. Rhinox555

I know i sound like an asshole,but if you're not even gonna try,it makes me a bit sad cause i feel you could pull it off.
    Don't get me wrong,i hope to see results soon.

19. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    i don't know how i could make those shoulders and still have the morphball working properly...

if i ever come up with something, or if any of you have any EASY suggestions,i might give it a try, but for now, they'll stay as they are.

*Update*

armcannon 50% done

chest piece 90% done

found evey colors with a shiny finish 75% done(only one color missing)

I'll show updated pics as soon as i can borrow a camera.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

she will have a chest, arm cannon, and other modifications as well as a paint job, and a LARGE shoulder set, even if its not spherical (I don't even see how you could pull that off and it still TF the same). It ought to look enough like samus to be instantly recognizeable.