Samurai Champloo

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Solrac333, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Any Samurai Champloo fans? Love that anime! Probably my favorite anime. Mugen and Jin are badasses and I would kidnap Fuu.

2. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that series was awesome, beginning to end. I didn't see any episode I didn't like.

jD001

3. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

Very good series and lots of fun to watch. Any watch Ruroni kenshin? It is just neet to see before the revolution with champloo and then after with kenshin.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I absolutely loved it. and I got my wife to watch it with me too, and to this day it's our favorite anime that we've watched together.

5. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Same here with me and my wife. So many awesome episodes and a great finish. I really really hope they do more episodes. That is my dream.

My favorite episode is the baseball episode.

I also like the one where Mugen has to deliver the head and the one where he learns how to read. His teacher is badass.

6. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of my favorite Anime in an extremely short list of them. Plan on getting the series on Bluray soon.

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...and then there was that episode where Mugen wanted to get laid (sorry PG 13ers) and the lady was an undercover ninja/assassin-or-something... :lolol 

jD001

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    It's a decent show, I like it but it's probably more middle of the pack for me as far as anime's go.

They just re-released this show in a complete box set recently, pretty good price too, definitely worth picking up if you ask me. Saw it at Wal-Mart as well of all places for like $40 CAD which is a damn good deal.

10. red4

red4 Banned

My favorite episode is the one where Jinn saves that woman from the brothel. It's a good anime, but not the best as far as I'm concerned. Cowboy Bebop and Dragonball are better.

11. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Do you think I would like it?
    My kinds of anime are mainly action, character/plot driven ones.

12. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

It's from the director of Cowboy Bebop so of course it's got loads of style, substance, and an AWESOME soundtrack to boot.

The baseball episode is easily one of my favorites. It puts garbage like Bleach and Naruto (yes folks those are SHITTY shows) to shame. Heck, why am I even tarnishing this thread by uttering their names.

Samurai Champloo = GOOD STUFF

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got done re-watching Samurai Champloo a couple of weeks ago (re-watching all my anime on DVD...currently on Trigun) and it's definitely one of my favorites. Excellent characterization, great animation and just generally a fun show to watch. I actually preferred this series to Cowboy Bebop, since I enjoyed the episodes that focused on the ongoing plot a lot more than I did in Cowboy Bebop. I initially disliked the baseball episode, but it's grown on me with a second viewing.

The only thing I didn't like about Champloo was the brothers just showing up out of nowhere at the end to harass Mugen. That needed some set-up in the earlier episodes, even just a quick scene or two showing that someone was hunting for him.

14. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I like how everyone "dies" in the baseball episode all dramatically.

It's funny, I like Cowboy Beebop but I love Samurai Champloo a whole lot more. Also, I HATE rap but for some reason it works in the show. Love the music.

15. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Yes:thumbs2: 

16. red4

red4 Banned

Anyone seen Planetes? I've only seen the first handful of episodes, but it was really good. I'd like to see the whole series if I ever had time.

17. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I was thinking about that. Remember in the first episode Mugen chopped the guy in Fuu's teashop arm off. In the next episode he had no idea who that same guy was. To Mugen, he was just some guy and he had just cut his arm the day before.

I'm sure he totally forgot the 3 brothers, so to them, they just came out of nowhere. That's probably what pisses off so many of Mugen's enemies.

Ah, another good episode, when they find the counterfeit money and they go to the brothel. Mugen wants to get laid so, and Jin has the two chicks, and Fuu is fat.

18. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Loved Samurai Champloo perhaps more than Bebop. Baseball Blues is a definite favorite episode of mine containing one of my favorite Tsutchie beats "Sincerely" and introducing me to the music of Small Circle of Friends via the song "Fly"(4th ending theme and last official end theme of the series)

19. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Sold.

20. Solrac333

Ebay:
    You won't regret it.