Samsung LCD 630 vs 650

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Venksta, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey guys. So I'm in the market for a new LCD. Right now, I'm planning to pickup a 52" tv to replace an old 61" projection tv we currently have. After looking at several TVs for the past two weeks, its currently come down to the Samsungs for me. I am specifically looking at the 650 and 630 models. The difference in specs is that the 630 is 10,000 less in dynamic contrast, and it has a matte screen compared to the 650's glossy screen. Now, we have a big window in our living room, so I know the effects it has on the current tv's glossy screen.

Anyways, what I need help with is deciding if the 630's picture really is dull compared to the 650? I finally saw the two side by side yesterday, and both were playing content from the same source. The 630's picture looked dull compared to the 650, which seemed more vivid and rich. I'm wondering if theres something in the setting to get the picture on the 630 closer, or is it the TV itself? The sales person told me that the 650's screen helps create the more vivid looking picture compared to the 630. Is this true? Anyways, thats my question, and if anyone feels there is a better TV to go with, besides these two models or make, let me know, so I can check them out.

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I'm now leaning towards a Samsung Plasma that I found on sale, and might even buy it tonight. So my question above is not relevant anymore. Mods, please feel free to close the thread if needed. Thanks.