Samsung Blackjack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runamuck, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I'm in the market for a phone, and was wondering if anyone here has bought a Blackjack. If you have, could you tell me if it's worth getting? Reason I'm interested in it, is because it can do a lot of other things too. Play vids, music, internet, camera, etc.

2. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Try not to post at the same time, everyone.... :sly: 

3. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

I have one and I love it.

If you want it for multimedia capabilites you might want to look elsewhere though. There is a problem with video playback being choppy and it needs proprietary headphones which aren't included. Also, the camera isn't very good.

If you will be using it for email, internet, etc. it's great. When you are in an area that supports 3G the internet flies. It's about as fast as cable. Works great with Exchange and POP accounts. Keeps each account completely separate.

I love the keyboard on it. If you have big fingers it may be tough to type with it though. The phone is very light. Great call quality. The battery only lasts for about a day max though with minimal use because of the switching between the 3G and EDGE networks.

You can get a lot more info here:

http://blackjacksmartzone.spreebb.com/index.php?

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I <3 my Blackjack but....
    I suggest buying a memory card asap if you get one.

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've been wanting to get one. I love Samsungs in general, and I'm on my third Samsung phone in as many years.

6. MrBigFeathas

If you buy Facade for the Blackjack (http://www.sbsh.net/products/facade/) you can do really cool things with the homescreen. When I got my Blackjack it was the first thing I bought for it. The default homescreens on the device just didn't cut the mustard for me.

Here is my current homescreen

[​IMG]

7. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Wow, cool. Thanks for all the info, MBF. That sucks about the video playback and camera, though. And what is 3G and EDGE networks?

Sorry if that is common knowledge, but if you can believe it, I am probably like the only person who's never owned a cell phone....so this will be my first. lol

8. Jux

3G and EDGE are various types of wireless networks, in regards to data transfer.

This probably won't help, but you'll find a lot of info on Google too.

9. MrBigFeathas

Basically EDGE is like dial-up speed internet and 3G is Cable/DSL speed. 3G isn't completely rolled out everywhere so expect to be using the EDGE network a lot of the time.

10. MrBigFeathas

I just TF'd my Backjack...was a pain but it's finally all working. Also have my ringtone as the G1 Season 1 theme. When I get a text it plays the transforming sound and voicemails play the autobot to decepticon transition clip from the cartoon.

My homescreen:

[​IMG]

My Calendar screen:

[​IMG]

My missed calls screen:

[​IMG]

11. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Woah, that's awesome, man. Your phone looks great.

As for me, funds have been low and the money I do have goes into other things. So, needless to say, I haven't bought one yet. :( 

12. Jux

13. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Thanks for that link! I'm in the market for a smartphone. Thing is I need one that works with Verizon. I was contemplating the Moto Q or the Palm Treo 750p but am leaning toward the Treo. I need one that I can do work on Word/Excel with. As well as decent phone quality, camera, internet. Wi-fi, video and other features are not my highest priority. G4 had an AOTS with some other new smartphones, so I needed to do more research, which your link provided. Thanks again Jux!

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Looks like a sweet phone, but alas, seems it's Cingular only. I refuse to ever go back to that shitty company. I'll stick with Verizon and my Motorola's.

15. MrBigFeathas

Verizon has the Motorola Q which is more or less the same type of phone as the Blackjack.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i need a new phone too....are there any decent phones that can use mp3's as the ringtone, without having to DL them and pay a stupid fee for a song i already own? btw...ive got tmobile, so its gotta be something compatable with them....

17. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

There's a sale on Moto Q's for $79.99 that lasts til the 31st of March. However, reading reviews of it on various sites say that it is kinda problematic. I'm gonna go check one out tomorrow and see. If it can do what the Treo can, I'll go with the cheaper price. But reliability is a major factor into any purchase for me.