Sam's club 5 pack Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SoundMaster, Dec 26, 2008.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    SoundMaster Studios Presents:
    Sam's club Prime!

[​IMG]
    The truck mode has very nice colors. A bright red, with some blue and grey.

[​IMG]
    There is a small silver faction symbol on the front of the truck on red paint that matches the red plastic almost pervectly. It makes for a much nicer front end instead of the grey mashing with the red.

[​IMG]
    Back. Not much to say here.

(sorry for blurry pics, working with what I got)
    [​IMG]
    The robot mode has very nice colors. The faction symbol also makes its way to the front of the chest. The lower arm slider thingies are molded in blue plastic, but have red and dark silver paint over them, making the arms a nice color.

[​IMG]
    Once again, not much to say here.
    What is neat though, is that on the key, there is a minicon socket. This pegs on the back, allowing the punching gimmick to work. All you have to do from there is slide it down and watch as he "punches". Not very exciting though. This is were I wish he still had his minicon. Ah well, the smoke stacks on the arms make good guns.

[​IMG]
    There are many points of articulation on this figure. A very nice ball jointed head, and waist articulation. The only let down is that the hips are rather limited.

And now a sad moment:
    [​IMG]
    Optimus has lost his matrix due to the decepticons.
    It would have been nice to see a matrix moulded into the chest of this smallerized version of prime. But this is only a small complaint.

So, is he worth it?

The colors are much nicer than the original bendy prime, and over all a very nice toy. I would recomend it. There are only two obsticales in the way:

-Do you have membership to Sam's club?
    -Do you want to get the whole pack?

If you said no to both those questions, then I would say hunt down the original.
    Still, he is VERY nice.

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have the others?

3. SoundMaster

News Credits:
    Yup. Need comparison pics?

4. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can free up the hips by switching the thighs so that the details are facing backwards.

5. SoundMaster

News Credits:
    Never thought about that. I'll probably try that later and see how it looks.