Samana_Rombuca Presents...

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Samana Rombuca, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

That's what I said way back when and now look at what I've become. :p  Actually, I was fine with just a Sentinel for the longest of times, but once I had to build my Onslaught, I just had a bunch of figures left over and I was like - hey, not too shabby! I do try to limit myself, mostly to X-men related figures if possible. And BAFs, yup definitely BAFs. That introduces a lot of "extra" figures. I try to get rid of those. Heck, there are some I would never touch - Wonderman, 1st App Thing, Namor, Toad, most Iron Men, Captain Britain, Black Widow, many Spidey related figs, other Avengers related figures. And as for Fantastic Four - it's make it or break it depending if I can't get the box set. It really took a lot of effort over the better part of two months to get this together and while I'm happy, these figures are not without their issues (Thor's leg joint for example is broken).

As far as price... probably in the $30ish range on evilBay... possibly cheaper if you can manage to track down the individual pieces (I've got 2 if you're interested and can manage another 2 probably).

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I was just peeping your Marvel Legends and I noticed the Galactus. I could not find any torsos for sale when I went toy hunting this past weekend man. Your collection still rocks man :rock 

3. Samana Rombuca

Truthfully, the torso is barely satisfactory, but the thing is, it is happening all over with every Galactus everywhere. Basically the paint they used isn't holding up well over time. I had to put his arms in that ridiculous pose because his skirt is tacky and actually stuck to the wall once!

UPDATE: Sweet score

4. Samana Rombuca

Deleted

5. Samana Rombuca

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry  :cry  :cry 

[​IMG]

Be warned, he's not as sturdy as he seems and his bleedin' eyes won't turn off!!!!!

6. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I think you made an unintentional "controversial" scene -- look where Wolverine's hands are on Spider-Man and Sabretooth. :p 

On-topic: Awesome stuff and I agree that Unicron sitting on his throne is quite good.

7. Samana Rombuca

Shh!!! There is nothing wrong I swear! :lolol 

8. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

i had to go have a look at the marvel legends toys :banghead: 

i bought bullseye and dr strange for the galactus series and thor (i think) and green goblin for the onslaught series.

got the first 2 for $7.50AUD which is about $4USD and the second 2 for $13 which is about $8USD. i was happy with that but i cant find anymore, i want to make onslaught so much

9. Samana Rombuca

Sweet score! :D  :rock 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Samana Rombuca

You know, I never did post this did I?

[​IMG]

...In case any of you were wondering about my "Scrap" G2 Magnus. This is why I have one.

I also have a Blackarachnia custom. I'm lazy right now so I'll post that one later.

11. Samana Rombuca

No pics yet, but I got my Bobby Drake Iceman (finally), ML Doc Ock (awesome fig) and KP Hot Rodimus. :D  Oh dear, TFSource r0xx0rz my b0xx0rz for packaging. Sure the figs got held up in customs but, it was worth it for the packaging, as well as the price. And they ship USPS now. I got to play the Wii today. Only ExciteTruck though. :/ Why couldn't they give me Wii Orchestra? And the PS3 demo? Another 'truck driving game. What the flux? :lol 

12. B-Prime

B-Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    somebody's got a Starscream fetish.....

but seriously now, nice collection. I like the display case.

13. Samana Rombuca

Hey, hey, hey, I only have 7-8 Starscreams at this point I'll have you know! Pretty much anything AEC I had is gone or boxed.

14. B-Prime

B-Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol I'm only joking

if anybody's got a TF fetish you've seen my Prime collection thread

I have a problem and that's the first step is to admit it :drunk 

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Nice stuff Man! I think you like the Armada SS mold!

16. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    nice, man!

17. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I love the squating UNICRON that is sooooo good.

18. Samana Rombuca

I know. :)  Just playing the part.

Well, I did. I only have two left though. I guess it's because when I really got back into TFs, Armada was out and SS was my first two along with Megs. They were great in the day and they still are, but they don't hold up well in some ways. Classics, for better or worse is the official reboot of the main line for me and thus, with the exception of a select few that I really like, AEC figures are gone for good from my collection.

Thanks! :) 

Heh, it wouldn't work out so well without Shortround. Must give kudos to whoever it was that devised that. Probably one of the few figures that can be declared an unintentional triple changer! :) 

19. Samana Rombuca

And as promised here are some pics of new stuff. I don't know squat about remolding so my BA stays the way she is. The gold on her breasts is a bit sloppy I know, but I haven't felt like tweaking. BTW, she's my first foray into acrylics. It's nice and fast drying, but almost unforgiveably thin. Still, my smoothest repaint. I hate to repaint her, but the original was just so darn... different.

Roddy is going to stay boxed up for now. It's a guilty sin, but I have no room tentatively and I can appreciate him just fine in box for now.

As for Sabretooth, that's the one that can't stand and I received a negative for on eBay recently. :( 

Oh yeah, HoM Spidey's gone for good. I decided, it's not Marvel Legendized enough to be worthy. All those darn gimmicks, I swear!

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, and the (near) final version of the X-Shelf, now with Sabretooth. Shortly after taking pic, THUD! Sabretooth is down. No matter what I do, the futhermucker won't stand! Near mint, baloney!!! :cry 

[​IMG]

Note to self: Storm's pose, replace Colossus, silver sharpie.

20. Samana Rombuca

My completely overhauled ML shelf - Avengers Assemble

[​IMG]

Spider-man shelf - Jack 'o Lantern's hidden - can you spot him?

[​IMG]