Sam goes into the Matrix, like G1, NOT "robot heaven".

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Dec 10, 2009.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    This is something I just needed to get off of my chest, because I see it brought up alot.

I can't tell you how many posts I've read complaining about Sam going to some kind of magical "Robot Heaven". After just concluding my Chinese G1 boxset (and seeing alot of S3 episodes that I apparently missed a kid...) it's perfectly obvious, to me, at least, that Sam simply went "into the Matrix" like we saw in G1, and much like when Optimus went into Vector Sigma.

It just seems that alot more folks in the fandom would've picked up on this and I thought I'd chime in.

Now, to be fair...I didn't see the need to disintegrate the Matrix and have it "transform" back...but that's another story. Maybe that was just backing up the Fallen's little speech to Megatron. Eh.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    When did Sam ever go into the Matrix during G1?

I'm sticking with Robot Heaven.

3. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    What about when Optimus dies in G1 "Soon I will be one with the Matrix"

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    He didn't. He wasn't even IN g1.

But, in G1, we see Rodimus at least, go into the Matrix and speak with the ancient leaders, and the Matrix is a device that obviously holds "the wisdom and teachings" of the ancients as well as, apparently, their sparks, or souls.

So, Sam goes unconscious, holding the Matrix, and goes to a place where he speaks with the dead Primes, and is given their "wisdom."

Seems obvious, and a whole lot more explainable than "Robot Heaven."

5. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    well......... XD I Dont get how ANYONe came up with the idea of Robot heaven
    ..... Wtf? LOL Did they ever say he went to robot heaven? i just thought that while Sam was unconscience, the primes came to him in a vision...... lol?

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Nostalgia Critic.
    Or at least he was the first one I ever heard use the term, in his ROTF review.

But yeah, when I saw the film, my first thought was that Sam's consciousness conected with the Matrix, because his mind had the knowledge of the Allspark in it.
    I think most people say "robot heaven" because there were "clouds" in a vision of the old Primes, who are dead.

7. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

He just had a Vison, it wasnt a Robot Heaven nor the Matrix.

8. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I seem to remember at least two trips into the Matrix in G1. Rodimus and Optimus both did it.

"Robot Heaven" is and always has been just another little nitpick for people who went into the movie determined to hate it.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Yeah, I didnt understand how alot of the fandom somehow lost their knowledge of the TF universe when that scene came out and just thought, "what the hell, Robot heaven?!"

10. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    So It was a G1 reference?

11. Rexor

Rexor Pulse Resonator

When I first saw the ramblings of "Robot Heaven", I was like wait, what? Then I saw the movie and it was clear. Sam passed within the Matrix, when the dust actually touches his hand is when the visions began. In S3 when both Optimus and Rodimus went into the Matrix they appeared dead, but they were not. Same principal applies, the conscienceness of Sam was in the Matrix so therefore he was unresponsive. The problem with that scene was all the bright lights and the setting. Had it looked more metallic and inorganic it may have been better portrayed, or had one or two lines explaining where he was after he asked if he was dead.

12. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I'm glad there are people intelligent enough to know that he DIDN'T go to "Robot Heaven", thank you guys lol

13. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I attribute the "organic" aspect of the scene to the fact that it's a human entering the matrix. Surely an experience of that magnitude would have an overwhelming effect on a human mind, which often interprets things in ways that it can understand them. Whereas Rodimus or Optimus might see a series of colorful grids, Sam's mind would likely interpret his near-death experience from a human perspective, which would probably include pre-disposition to see "afterlife" as heavenly clouds.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Perfectly put. I would have thought this would have been obvious to anyone.

15. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

The fandom, or at least a certain portion of it, ALWAYS forgets their knowledge of the TF universe when it comes to hating on their pet peeves.

I think this was most blatant during the TRUKK NOT MUNKY era, when people were screaming "Transformers are cars, not beasts!" while conveniently forgetting Ravage, Laserbeak, the Dinobots, the Predacons, Abominus, the Insecticons, Sky Lynx...hell, the entire cast of G1's "Call of the Primitives."

And the ones who claim the '86 movie was better than the '07 one because of "characterization" conveniently forget to remember that the old movie killed all the previously established characters and left us with a cast we didn't know and at the time didn't much care about.

Most fans forget that just about every single thing they hate about ROTF has been done in some form or other in previous Transformers series that they claim to love.

16. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I second... or well third that. The whole 'Robot Heaven' thing made me stop and go "what the hell? Where did that idea come from?"

From the first viewing to me it was his conciousness dragged into the Matrix. I'm guessing the strange light and colour may have attibuted to the heaven bit... but i still don't see it.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    to me its always been clear Sam went to to the Matrix, or rather his life force did for a short while then he was sent back to save Optimus Prime

18. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Aaaand the average viewing public or fans who don't have an extensive knowledge of G1 would know this how?

Fine, if it's happened before, it's happened before and I can accept that. I didn't get a cue from the movie that Sam entered into the Matrix. He was dead, he has visions of dead Transformers, then he's alive. I called it Robot Heaven.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The Matrix, The Allspark, The Well Of All Sparks..its all the same to me anyway. I wasn't freaked out by that part of the movie the slightest. Made perfect sense to me.

Also, were those really rocks? They looked kind of metallic to me. Just like the relief of the Allspark as seen closeup in the intro of movie1.

20. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why Robot Heaven would have to be a negative thing.

I think the title is infinitely more interesting than saying he went into the Matrix.

Kind of like the whole "Prime is a bloodthirsty face-taker"

It just makes me like the mess that the film is.