Sam & Carly Witwicky - Together Atlast

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RebelMan, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    EEWWWWWW! She's got cooties! Sam better get a cootie shot. Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot, you just got your cootie shot!

2. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Sorry for the double post, but why is it Bay's fault? Meagan Fox's behavior led to her getting fired, like any other job. He didn't force Carly's character into the movie.

Really, I don't think it'll make a lick of difference to the movie.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You watch too much TCM.

4. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Which movie did you watch, really?
    Her babbling to Sam at the beginning of Transformers2 that she wanted to dump him was just a well written scene, and a pretty classical style of writing, to show how much Mikaela loved Sam. It's just that. If you and others couldn't understand that then too bad for you, I wonder what you would understand when reading any novel anyway..

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well, comparing ROTF to a novel is... different.

6. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

In fiction, not every couple gets married just because they survived a war together. And even many that do don't stay together for long due to stress, trauma, emotional issues, etc.

Having Sam deal with that kind of grief might work in another film, but not Bayformers. The films focuses on spectacle, not character development. There really is no mess to clean up. They might bring the matter up, but they'll probably just have Sam move on. All the breakup stuff (which would have just bogged down the movie) can just occur before the film. I'm pretty sure Sam isn't going to be unable to function just because he broke up with his girlfriend. And really, I'm paying to see Transformer action, not Sam moping about his shallow ex buggering off for bigger arms.

7. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Currently I'm reading "Antiquity. From the birth of the Sumerian Civilization to the Fall of the Roman Empire." Granted, it's a history novel and not a science-fiction (my personal favorite genre) filled with Megan Fox, but the point remains that, yes, I am actually able to read, and have been reading novels since I was a kid. If you don't want to believe that, go ahead, I can't say I really care.

I watched TF2 at iMax and I have the BluRay. It's not like I haven't seen the film. And no, it wasn't a well written scene. Unless you call her lounging on a bike with her ass hanging in the air an example of exemplary exposition. I get that she was mostly trying to get Sam to say "I love you". That didn't escape me, particularly the resulting dialog at the end of the movie where they discuss it taking a war to get Sam to do so. But "babbling about wanting to break up" just made her look flaky and clingy, to me, regardless of what she was trying to achieve.

8. chojin998

No character development what?
    It's obvious you don't like the first two movies.. then why are even discussing about it?
    It's like you never watched the first two movies or missed 90% of them.

9. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Are you kidding? I'm a huge fan. They're the only Bay movies I really like, and I ran out and slapped down $45 on a Starscream figure just the other day, because I love the designs.

You seem to think that anyone with an opinion other than your own hasn't watched the movies. Which is hilariously ******ed. All I get from you is that you're a huge Megan Fox fan, and feel you need to defend her role in the movies. Which is fine, you don't see me ragging on that and saying you didn't "get" the movie because of that. Right now, you're resorting to personal insults rather than accepting my opinion differs from your own. Continue to do that, it'll win you many friends.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I object to this movie and Michael Bay because I haven't seen it yet!

11. chojin998

You are contradicting yourself there. So you are whining and complaining that there was too much visual effect and so it wouldn't work for you there when at the same time you just stated that there would be no characters development on the first two movies and it's all visual and development is not needed? Then it would be perfect to you and why complain at all if the development factor is missing as you claim it is?

No, it doesn't make her look flaky and clingy, it's a pretty well used way of writing that writers do use and it happens in the real world too.. babbling about the opposite of her will, telling Sam that he would do what she didn't really want to and just the way he answers her is enough to clear that up. If it wasn't clear to you then too bad, read more novels. Even Isaac Asimov characters do have some babbling scenes like that in his books although with deeper character development, or J.R.R. Tolkien characters in love do act in a pretty similar way... it's just a classical writing style, nothing new but it's well done that way.

12. chojin998

1) I don't think, I just read what others like you write and I can read
    2) I don't insult others, it's pathetic you got to rely on insults to prove your point

13. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Since we're resorting to bullet points...

1. That funny, I had no idea you commenting on my inability to read novels wasn't an insult.
    2. Never did I say there were too many visual effects. I said the film was more about the effects and not so much about character development. I didn't say I thought that was a bad thing.
    3. Yes, you do.
    4. I'm done with this argument. Seriously. Reply if you want, but I'm done with it. I'd rather get back to painting than debating the apparent worth of Megan Fox. And I'm sure everyone else would rather the thread get back on topic.

14. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    For a second there I thought the title implied that Carly was a new Alice-pretender-bot thingymabobber.

15. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    That is kind of disturbing that you know that or you have a young daughter(s).

16. ben2099

ben2099 Well-Known Member

Wow, it amazes me that the majority of the people at TFW2005 are under 10 years old.

Grow up people

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see it now- Transformers 3: attack of the face takers.

18. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nom nom nom!!!!

19. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Sam- "Will you marry me?"
    Carly- "Yes! Now give me your face!"
    *pair hugs and smooches*

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Haha, nice description, guys. Definetly made me chuckle.

Well, I don't like or date blondes (no offense to any blondes here), so I'd prefer the brunette Megan Fox jumping into my arms right there. But I'll live.