Saint Seiya Cloth Myth Series

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Luffy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Very nice!
    I won't be getting my Surplice Saga until next month, but now you're sort of making me regret passing on the broken Surplices for the trio... :( 

2. Fr33domgundam

Whooo.

Got my God Cloth Libra today!
    [​IMG]
    I got my first God Cloth on November 29th 2016. So 14 months for 12 God Cloths? Not too bad, I think.
    Will post pics once I've taken him out and put him into the display case with all of the others.

I'm on the fence about EX Poseidon: On the one hand, he looks good and it'd be nice to get the "big boss"; on the flipside, I really don't want to open up the can of worms with the Poseidon arc (although I already have SeaDragon Kanon)...

"Recently" added to the collection (since November):
    Wyvern Rhadamanthys, Surplice Capricorn, God Cloth Pisces, KO Gold Gemini (thanks to @anubis20!), SeaDragon Kanon, Surplice Gemini, God Cloth Libra.

The only open preorder I have is Gryphon Minos. Just waiting on the announcements for Garuda Aiacos, Surplice Shion and Surplice Aphrodite.

3. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I have a full marinas collection including the royal version of poseidon. They still look very good, no real need to exchange them for the EX versions. Also i like the details and colors better on the normal versions, EX is in this case too cartoon-acurate, which is not as good looking as with the gold saints. I like details.

I have no love for the hades story, it's buy far the weakest story in anime form despite a great opening. I began selling most of the spectres i had, not gonna buy them again in EX form. Still deciding what to do with exclusives like papillon and pharaon.

4. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Nice! i got my Libra yesterday as well :)  My journey began on 06/27/15 with Leo Aioria God Cloth. Im glad this chapter is done. My wishlidt is for them to finish the gold saint Surplices, the Judges, an EX Hades as well as a new Hypnos and Thanatos. However if they do the V3 bronze cloths as EX im gonna be forced to buy them :lol 

[​IMG]

Waiting on my MB GN Sword II Blaster since last Monday along with my GX-48K Big O but NYC customs is sucking big time right now and EMS is super slow.

I am all in with the Gods, I have Athena which i think is great for a Myth Cloth and doesnt really need an EX but I would like a new Hades since the Myth cloth is very floppy and parts fall off easily. Poseidon I preordered the version with the throne. I really wanted the white eyes possessed face. I have Sorrento and Kanon to go along with it.

5. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Congrats on completing the God Cloths, but I think once all the interesting Specters are out (definitely going to get Alurane Queen) it’s time to move on (been at it since 2004).

6. Fr33domgundam

Finally took out God Cloth Libra.

[​IMG]

So this is what 15 months of collecting Myth Cloth EX looks like.
    Seems like, other than special exclusive releases, the only sub-categories that I don't own any of are Gold Cloths and OCEs... :p 

• Like Like x 1
  7. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

looks very good!

µjust went overboard and bought canon sea dragon ex. I still keep the old one for armor display

8. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    What a bad ass display!!! :rock :rock :rock  I wish I could display stuff like this but I have no space. Most of the stuff is still boxed away. I only have the bronze saints, and a few gold saints on display :( 

9. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Lol, yeah seeing them all display like this makes me want to pull all thoses boxes of myth cloth I have in the garage and mess around with them again (and hope nothing breaks).

10. Fr33domgundam

Haha, yeah, the God Cloth Gold Saints have become one of the key points to my collection on display.
    Though people who aren't familiar with the source material usually go "Whoa. That's a lot of gold." when seeing it for the first time. :) 

11. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

12. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Gonna pass on that one. Dont think i have any Myth CLoth POs until Poseidon

13. Fr33domgundam

He looks interesting, and I really like the weapon, but easy pass as I have little-to-no attachment to the Silver Saints.

My only open preorder at this point is for Minos, and I don't foresee any additional Myth Cloth preorders for me until Aiacos is available.

14. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Oh yea I forgot Minos :lol  BTW i lucked out and won the lucky draw on P-Bandai so i can buy an EX Ophiuchus Odysseus :buttrock  Not due until April but im pretty happy. I regretted not ordering it for Tamashii Nations 2017 but it sold out too fast and the aftermarket was ¥30000+ and I was not gonna pay that.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Minos came in at Anime-Export :D 

16. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Waiting for my shipped email from cdj, though I doubt I’ll get a chance to mess with it until I come back from Japan.

17. Fr33domgundam

Sweet, I just noticed that this morning as well!
    Either way, I'm waiting for something else to get in first (an SH Figuart for a friend, in theory getting in-stock this week) before I get my Minos shipped.

18. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

And cdj shipped mine! Maybe it might arrive before I leave on Monday...

19. Fr33domgundam

Finally opened up my EX Minos. He's pretty awesome, but really back-heavy as expected.

He looks amazing with his buddy EX Rhad:
    [​IMG]

And the two look great with the available Gold Saint Surplices:
    [​IMG]
    I have no clue how I'll fit one more Judge and two more Surplices in there.

Sadly, my Minos had a bad paint chip on one of the smaller wing/feather tips on his left wing straight out of the box. Note that the images below had their brightness pumped up for the contrast; fortunately, the chip isn't very noticeable when he's on display:
    Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

C'mon, bring on Aiacos!

20. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Nice! mine is still sealed because i have no space to display it. Yes there have been many complaints about the QC on this one and also the DX VF-31A.