Saint Seiya Cloth Myth Series

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Luffy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    This set is based on the second cloths the characters have in the anime. The 'Final Cloth' are the ones they recieve in the OVAs and they come with better articulated bodies and new head sculpts.

2. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh ok cool well odds are if i like them i will have to get them all lol

3. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is part of the Appendix series, an addition to the Myth Cloths. It adds better hair, facial expressions, more accurate armor parts (albeit in plastic), and better sized hands for the existing Myth series.

Many figures released by Bandai earlier (like Gold Leo Aioria or Gold Virgo Shaka) suffered from the "I have dried glue for hair" look that started the series. Armor parts weren't 100% accurate as well. The Appendix series fixes that.

What you have here is the Appendix for Gold Gemini Saga. It provides differently directioned hair for Saga and his brother, Kanon, as well as bigger shoulder armour, a closed eye and open eye face, and also a good right hand. If you have the Gold Gemini Saga, you absolutely should get this.

And if you have a second Gold Gemini figure, get the Appendix to make Kanon.

5. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Latin figures are official figures, released for another market. Be aware that some of these figures, while near-identical to the Japanese releases, have duller points on helmets and armours to satisfy toy safety rules in those countries. I had a picture on my computer comparing Alpha Siegfried's helmet, and the differences between the Latin and Japanese/HK releases are visibly there. Less spiky, new duller points (think what Hasbro has done with some Takara toys).

6. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for the info!

7. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's jumpstart this thread with some upcoming figures ...

8. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ohhhhh i like!

9. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    haha, I'd forgotten about this poor thread. Glad to see some enthusiasm still exist. Has Bandai annouced any plans to release the remaining god cloths? On anouther note I wish they'd just re-release the Sagitarious cloth altogeather with a new body and seiya head since the current is'nt the greatest. Also thanks VE Telus for answering my question.

10. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    whats wrong with him? he looks ok to me

11. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    The Sagitarius dont hold together as well as it should. Aioros' (aiolos?) face is pretty badly sculpted too. That Gold object seems to be a non armour Sagitarius Obje. just used for display.

12. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh good to know

13. Cosmo

Cosmo Liker of Pie

Dragon Shiryu's God Cloth is next on Bandai's list. Most likely a late summer release.

14. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Heres a thread on toys daily Showing off a new Pegasus figure from the lost canvas manga. If they included a seperate Seiya head or confirm appendix seiya would work I'd buy it.

[​IMG]

15. VE Telus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Sagittarius and Libra are probably the only remaining Gold Saints who need an Appendix upgrade. Still, you can make a very nice Sagittarius Seiya. I wish they'd finally make an bow and arrow that actually comes with an elastic string. It's essentially the only detail missing from all the Sagittarius releases.

16. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I dont mind really. I'm used to some toys/figures that are supposed to have strings on their bows that dont (I'm looking at you Great Goldran, you lovely gold bling of death you).

17. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

hi chaps, i was a fan of the cartoon when i was a child and have owned a few toys in the past. having seen some reviews of the myth cloth figures, i thought they look really nice and decided that i would start collecting the gold saints. i've checked the HLJ website, they had a few japanese gold saints selling for around 5000yen including p+p. that works out at about £35 or USD50. is this a reasonable price?

also, whats the difference between the japanese and hong kong versions?

finally, do you think bandai will release brand new updated gold saints figures in the near future or will they just keep releasing appendices. thanks

18. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I dont think they have plans to release renewed gold saints.
    There is no difference between japanese and hongkong releases to my knowledge (though there are alleged QC problems which may or may not be true).
    I think the prices on Hlj are good but you can check ebay for price comparisons.
    The Myth Cloths figures are quite good though I think all of them suffer from having too much diecast armor making them easily lose footing (Gold Saints especially).

19. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I'm getting interested into getting some of this Saint Seiya figures, particularly Gemini Saga and the Libra Dohko. Does anyone know when BBTS will restock them?

20. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    That's why you buy the stands, these are pretty much articulated display pieces, you pose them once or twice and you put them in the shelves, none of those joints will last long from playing with them on a daily basis.