Sailor Moon Manga to be Re-Licensed

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Honey-Flash, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

Found this on Anime News Network:

Kodansha USA to Publish Sailor Moon, Sailor V Manga - Anime News Network
    I'm glad to see my first manga series is returning! I think I still have some of the original english printings in storage somewhere.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oooo. Hyena will flip when she hears about this. She loves Sailor Moon. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

This is fantastic news. I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have been wanting the manga for a long time, but the whole OOP issue put the kabosh on that. Great to hear they're being re-released!

This reminds me to get back to marathoning the DVDs. It such a shame the uncut subbed boxsets have the utterly appaling stereo 2.0 soundtrack, it's like listening to an ancient and highly abused VHS tape...

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I got all of the volumes of the Japanese re-release of the Sailor Moon manga off of eBay a number of years ago. Since I don't know how to read Japanese, they're all currently sitting inside a shoe box.

So if they're going to re-license the Sailor Moon manga, that would be terrific.

Also, hopefully with this "resurgence of interest" in Sailor Moon will also mean that re-licensing of the anime series and re-releasing the series onto DVD (hopefully including an official subbed version of the Stars season, the fifth and final season that was never brought to the U.S.) will also be considered.

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good new for the Sailor Moon fans out there. I have a friend who is really into Sailor Moon and my wife quite likes it as well.

6. Vector Sigma

In the meantime there is a rather high quality subbed boxset floating around, however unofficial (Or was it an official Malaysian release? I'm uncertain) it's a good presentation. Stars was a bloody excellent season...

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I actually have a subbed set of the Stars season that I bought off of eBay, however it's a bootlegged version and the subtitles aren't the greatest. So I would gladly buy an official, properly subbed Stars box set.

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I can imagine the fangirls are pretty happy right now, I know there's been a lot of demand for the anime recently and put that back in print as well.

9. Vector Sigma

That's probably the one I've got, the subs hold up substancially better than the hilarious bootlegged uncut subbed Yu-Gi-Oh boxsets that I have.

If I could by an official version, I most definetly would in a heartbeat..

10. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    She still got the job done :)