SAG Strike Hangs Over Heads of Directors - TF2 Delay?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, May 8, 2008.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/05/08/sag-strike-hangs-over-heads-of-directors/

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

My god...what else do these people want? What is so bad that they have to strike for? Let there asses work in a factory for a while or be a waiter to show them some humility. They are all pampered and like most athletes very overpaid. They should be blessed to make what they make and do what they do. These strikes are getting old.

3. OperaSingerPrime

OperaSingerPrime SupremeOperaticCommander

I don't like to point the finger, and I can understand your frustration with wanting your favourite movies and television shows to continue but, your rant is a little uninformed. This encompasses all actors not just the very top. Alot of people work very hard to get where they are going and often times have to sell mobile phones (or other such jobs) in between contracts. With they way the new media is going it is only right that actors get what is rightfully theirs... believe me being any kind of performer is not an easy job it has very little stability, often times you have to give up a normal family life because of travel and such. All I'm saying is it's not all glamour, lights and money.

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Okay..well I can understanding the little guy getting his dues but I think its not fair for the big names to be benefitting even more off of this. Just look when they do interviews it wont be the little guys speaking their peace it will be the Pitts,clooneys,etc. If all are tied together then maybe they should somehow seperate the big guns from the small ones. Though I guess if they did that then they would get virtually no support without a famous face. My point is very clear...the "hollywood" actors are overpaid and will continue to be overpaid. Im not knocking the little guys, I can understand what they go through, but the main box office guys dont have a thing to worry about.

5. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

This is beyond ridiculous.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's fine, so long as it's the little actors, but you know top names are getting invloved in this too. Heaven forbid they get a life of Semi Luxury. You're right. They don't see their family and friends for the couple of weeks or months during the shoot, but then they have it made for the rest of the year. Honestly, I really can't agree that these people are suffering. I understood the Writers a hellovaot more than this. They are just taking the Me-too approach. I need to rally an Editor's Strike.

7. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    nononononono no NOOOOOOOOOOO......

I mean come on...The 'A' listers are makin it hand over fist.....20 million a picture and then some......

Let'em do some manual labor and see the attitude change.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I have a solution.... how about we make Transformers 2 just about the robots. I'm sure the voice actors will still play.

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    The "A-Listers" are going on strike in support for the 'working' actors. People who make their living acting in commercials and as extras and don't make much more than the average middle class Joe Schmoe.

10. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Oh please give me a break. A strike again?!! Are you telling me they didn't get this whole thing worked out the first time?!!! Now thats just crap!!! Either get it done right or just get back to work!!!!!

11. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Don't you mean the FILM ACTORS GUILD (FAG)? [/team america reference]

Back when they had the writer's strike, wasn't it pretty much set that the deal for writers was carrying over to actors? to hopefully avoid this same fiasco?

12. meh_cd

meh_cd Well-Known Member

Oh no! What ever will I do without any new movies?! Maybe I'd have to go and do something productive?

I hate it when people freak out about this stuff.

13. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

A lot of viewers didn't return to TV after the first strike. I would be surprised if the actors let the contract expire without a deal.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lolol 

15. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

The problem here isn't SAG. It's the studios. They managed to screw the writers and directors (IMO) and now they're trying to screw SAG. The studios walked away from the bargaining table again with SAG just as they did with WGA. And it's all because they're trying to avoid paying actors for stuff they put online.

As for those complaining about factory / customer service work - if you feel that your situation is unfair, you can try to get a union into your workplace too. It's your legal right to do so in most countries.

16. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

They have a Writer's Guild.. Now they have a Stage Actors Guild? What about FAG (Famous Actors Guild)? How many more of these lame guilds are there?

I can't wait till this is over, then the "Visual Artists Guild" can go on strike, too!

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:lol 

18. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Are you fucking kidding me? Another fucking strike?!

I'm not your buddy, guy!

19. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

:lol  That was awsome!

20. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    People can make fun of these guilds all they want, but they keep the greedy bastards at the studios in check when it comes to the smaller writers, performers, etc. Allowing the no-name members to earn livable wages. Sure we all know that people like Tom Cruise earn $20 million+, but what about the extras, or struggling new comers earning maybe a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per movie trying to earn a living?

And as a former member of the Philadelphia chapter of the Graphic Artists Guild, I can say without hesitation that these guilds are useful and needed.