Sad about Bot Shots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MidnightBliss, Oct 10, 2012.

1. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I love the Bot Shots toylike. Cheap, and cool little toys. Most of all, they are the only recent line that I was able to complete actually hunting at stores. Now, I have all that are available.

What saddens me is that there are no new ones on the horizon. Anyone else feel this way?

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they've got whole line coming up that have gimmicks like jumping while transforming that was announced at SDCC. We just don't know what characters what characters will be in these lines.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Tempt yourself with older shit, yo :) 

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  5. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    The only thing that makes me sad is that you have yet to realize that there will be more! We actually know about more upcoming Bot-Shots then we do for Prime and Cyberverse figures. As Ravenxl7 just said, the next wave of figures for next year have been revealed already.

I'm sure more will be revealed soon enough. NYCC starts tomorrow, and we'll at least see better pics of the upcoming ones, probably.

6. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    What saddens me is that over here they have been set to $8 each. That is pure insanity.

7. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I am thrilled we finally got all three seekers in the same line at regular retail. That like never happens anymore in the main lines.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Plus extras like Acid Storm and Skyquake!

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    we got like 50 botshots this year alone :lol 
    I'm kinda happy about the break for a little while, plus it gives everyone a little bit of time to catch up on any they may have missed.

50 new toys in a line a year is phenomenal. these were just the initial waves too, hasbro had no idea if they would be successful or not. but they apparently are selling very well, and I think we might get quite a bit more then 50 a year come 2013 :) 

10. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Maybe Hasbro is waiting for fans to start complaining about Waves 2 and 3 to be clogging the shelves before releasing news of future ones.

Wave 2 has only recently made it to Canada.

And I'm sure the US got the new waves when us Canadians started complaining about the Wave 1s clogging the shelves.

11. QmTablit

Damn. Wave 2 in Canada? I'm hunting for Wave 5 right now.

12. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Yeah, I got Mirage and Ratchet and clear Bumblebee 2-3 weeks ago.

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a little disappointed they're doing 3 characters that have already been done for next year.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

:thumbs2:  :thumbs2: 

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Is that your own picture of all those bumblebees? Just curious, based on your post.

16. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Yeah, this! I have been curious about said poster's sig for awhile.

Back to bot shots, I had asked this before but don't believe anyone answered. Why is megatron the only chase with a fully painted head. I think it looks out of place, had considered hitting him up with some paint thinner.

17. QmTablit

Those are his. Check out his collection thread.

18. Diamondback

Diamondback Fights Like A Fat Ballerina

News Credits:
    Obviously you've never had to deal with anyone who was a Beanie Babies or Littlest Pet Shop junkie and THEIR addiction of choice. :p  :D  And with the Hexbug Nano line apparently being phased out and XTS miniature trains LONG dead, these little guys are just right for knickknacks to clutter my desk and a cheap and easily-completed line for Transformers. (And I'd say the same thing about a reissued-just-as-they-were-then-expanded reboot of the Micromaster line too... not the biggest or most complex or most poseable TF's in history, but good for those tight on space or budget, and kinda neat in their own quirky little way.)

Though I think it'd be really cool if they did the big Citybots for this generation with Bot Shots operation and storage in mind... with how big this line is, it REALLY needs some dedicated storage system, right now I'm using a surplus 2"x14"x14" craft-storage box from my Axis & Allies Miniatures (sniff, another dead-before-its-time good idea) days.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    "Super-Bot" Acid Storm also has a painted head.

There's a whole Line of Flipshots and Spinshots coming out soon and a few of the old style ones in there too (Like Sunstorm).

As I've said before the slight concern is they might be to much of releasing the same bunch of Characters all other again in the new design rather than spreading it out to say things like other Movie Characters, Prime Characters or headmasters or other early G1ers.

For example there's a ton of Ironhide toys but still no Bulkhead, or Arcee I suspect they will make some of the older ones as repaints things like Ricochet, Smokescreen, Bluestreak seem quite obvious to do. There maybe a Hasbro red Mirage as well.

I would have liked to have Wheeljack and a G2 style Tank Megatron in that style to though.

But even putting aside that concern about Jumpshots the Flipshots and Spinshots are still fun. I'm sure we will see some more soon maybe even before Toyfare.

The instructions give us some info though : such as Flipshots Brawl and Shockwave. and a Spinshot Dirge. and a Red Mirage repaint (perhaps).

I have also been wondering if they might make Star Wars Botshots too ?

20. Diamondback

Diamondback Fights Like A Fat Ballerina

News Credits:
    Re the lagging Canadian distro: Yeah, too bad my gal isn't into these little guys... since she's in Toronto, I could score MAJOR brownie points. :D 

G2 Tank Megs, I'll bet they'd do as a Megs head on a Brawl body, since IIRC G2 Megs was based on an Abrams. (Though BS Brawl isn't really a tank, but a modified M109 Paladin Self-Propelled Howitzer... tanks can fire on the move, SPH's need those barrel locks while rolling and need to put out traction spades behind 'em to resist recoil.)

*groans at SWTF Botshots* (Though, if they had a carry-case made as a Star Destroyer or Executor that could be cool... love me some Star Destroyer, especially the big under-merched SSD's.)