Saban's Power Rider... What the Heck?!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Honey-Flash, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

From Henshin Justice:
    Saban Trademarks… POWER RIDER « Henshin Justice Unlimited

I know they licensed Kamen Rider Decade, but I assumed they just wanted the footage from the Shinkenger crossover to be used on Power Rangers Samurai.

What really bugs me is "Power Rider", is that the best they could do? Hell, "Masked Rider" would be better, even if it shares the same name as that shitty Black RX adaptaion from the 90s.

Power Rider... nope, just doesn't sound right to me.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Maybe they're trying to place the riders and the rangers in the same universe, just as different groups?

Didn't Masked Rider have a crossover episode on Power Rangers many many years ago?

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ^yeah its on netflix as well

only way to even ATTEMPT to tolerate masked rider

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I heard about the Power Rider thing, but didn't know Saban had licensed Decade.

Yeah, it's pretty bad that Masked Rider was better in Power Rangers than in his own show.

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Oh right, completely forgot about him licensing Decade. This is all very intriguing.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ^like i love watching the black rx suit in action, but gosh, i hear prince dex and i want to murder someone.....

he's 10 times worse IN HIS OWN FRICKIN SHOW

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Cool! Decade!!!! I started watching that one after all those comments saying that Gokaiger had the same spirit as KM: Decade and i wanted to see that. :p 
    Hm.I could get used to Power Rider. ^^'

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Nice. I never saw Decade in the original Japanese. This'll be cool.

Hopefully they do W and OOO too.

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I think itll end up being a Beetleborgs reboot with Kamen Rider Kabuto. for beign a primarily boys show I dont think Decade could cross over very well at all what with him being pink an all. BOA would never let that fly

oh please god no, W is an amazing series id rather not see it get butchered for American audiences

Ozu go for it I could care less but no W.

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I literally defecated myself from this piece of news.
    But using Decade to bring back MR is a terrible idea, because the entire series focuses on past riders.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Not really. You don't need that much prior knowledge of the Heisei Kamen Rider series to enjoy Decade (I should know, so far its the only one I watched and I found it easy enough to follow...initially). The worlds were parallel versions of the respective series, not the actual worlds. From a marketing standpoint it makes perfect sense to do.

12. MrDarkBernard

MrDarkBernard Youtube.com/MrDarkBernard

Yes, I also think that Saban is trying to have the Riders and Rangers in the same universe...but maybe only the Decade Riders...for now anyways. It would probably work since sources (specifically Jason David Frank) have stated that Power Rangers Samurai is a reboot in their own universe and the Bulk character is just another Bulk (looks & acts the same, but not in the same universe). Anything can work if it is well-written and done right. Jason David Frank also said that if he returned as Tommy, then he would have to be a new Tommy just like what they did with Bulk. Really Saban...you think this is what the fans want? A lot of us like our characters and stories to be canon & in continuity.

Me honestly thinks it's sad that Saban would pull this stunt on all of us fans...especially the fans since Day 1 of MMPR when it all started. Haim Saban and his crew did not directly tell us that Samurai is a reboot...but let's face it. Saban thinks he can use us to jumpstart his run at Power Rangers again by bringing back Paul Schrier and yet...Bulk makes no reference to his past...because this is not the same Bulk. They kept promoting that Samurai will bring back fun, comedy, & action just like the old days... Well, last I checked...MMPR had originality and Bulk was always bullying the rangers. Samurai has very little if any originality & Bulk & Spike rarely make any contact with the rangers. People...we are being used. They only care about the new little kids these days... It's not about us anymore. Where is the missing action packed unmorphed martial arts fight scenes? Why are they showing us that high school teenagers from MMPR and even the Overdrive rangers can fight better than SAMURAI rangers??! It is still never too late for them to write these things in...AND connect Samurai to the other seasons!! You can always make it work unless you write it wrong & it screws things up even more.
    :throw 

-MrDarkBernard the talking dog

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    look on the bright side saban would really have to work hard to make Power Rider worse than Masked Rider.

14. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Create an enormous backstory with the Gokaiger adaptation. Problem solved.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    They couldn't really help that. Paul Schrier was unable to get there until several episodes had already been shot. The scenes with him and Spike were shot afterward, and edited in. That's why they made kind of a big deal about them finally running into the rangers. Also, it's pretty much been confirmed that Skull is showing up.

16. MrDarkBernard

MrDarkBernard Youtube.com/MrDarkBernard

I can understand that those shots were edited in. However, they don't even have Bulk say the kinds of things we would like him to say. For example, when Bulk & Spike were going to take on the giant monster in one episode, the rangers were already fighting with their megazord. Bulk then told Spike, "Looks like someone else has got it covered." That's it. Really?! Why didn't he just say, "The Power Rangers!! They've got this covered!" or "The Power Rangers are going to take this guy down!! Yeaah!!" lol. Just wanted to point that out. The people who are in charge of writing the actors' lines can do better.

17. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    He has little to nothing to do with Samurai. His words aren't fact.

18. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who wants to see Bulk and Skull eventually become extra rangers for a normal team of 5?

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No, you aren't. I would be totally fucking down with that.

I mean fuck, they made a little kid and an alien dog rangers.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    PR has a history of not being consistent in that way. It won't be long before it's retconned back into continuity.