S.N.D. Primo X-Mortis Upgrade Kit (Nova Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Sep 29, 2015.

1. me!!

me!! hey it's me.

recently recieved the kit today from ShowZ and when i was building it i noticed SND packed two left thigh pieces.....

kind of a bummer really :/

gonna ask showZ if they could help me with this dilemma

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Huh, this is surprisingly impressive. I never thought the Motormaster mold could be made to look this good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

This is exactly why I went to BBTS for the kit...so if there's an issue I have a way to get support.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Regzero

Regzero Well-Known Member

So, I just want to say thank you to everyone posting good and bad about the set. I was about to do the same mistake and pull the big pin through the wrong way and was able to fix it before it got bad. Had to cut off some flash. Also had to use the screwdriver as a slight drill for the smaller pin to be able to go through one of the new pieces. This set looks amazing and I love the work that went into the creation. The installation time was worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    I have KO Perfect Effect feet/hands so I hope the ball joint is enough to support it after being tightened. I'm a designer/seller of upgrade kits so making new posts for the wings to attach to would be no sweat for me. Right now I'm still debating on buying this set or selling off my team of Nova Prime combiner bots and saving up for a Maketoys Hypernovae IF I can ever find one on sale.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Never had problems with ShowZs support.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

With a dash of customizing...I’d figure I would show said figure before I started painting and modifying him to remove the combiner element.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Angry Scientist

Angry Scientist Well-Known Member

So guys, I have both Battle core and Grand Scourge, which should I get the Nova Prime version of this kit for? I’ll get the normal version for the other one, I’m still hoping for that Godbomber version for my Optimus. I have the Maketoys Nova Prime and the chrome version of MMCs if that helps.

9. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but it is possible to shave off a bit of plastic on the inside of the feet that allows them to retract without feeling like it will break. I did the mod on the OP kit and it works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *Intense sweating intensifies*

The Dark Lord will be born again.

IMG_20180927_113816_851.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    shipped mine from thechosenprime today, cant wait to get it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Interesting enough I like the idea of this figure combining minus the idea it's Optimus Prime. I dunno Nova Prime strikes me as the kind of 'bot who'd turn into a giant monster and become the final boss in a video game. Just needs neutral or Decepticon transformers for that.

...anyone have a battle core to sell? Some are selling for $180 and that's kind of silly.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    I could sell you my battle core + the 4 custom painted bots I have for him to combine with at $120. Has the nonnef ratchets already installed. Willing to negotiate too of course.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  14. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Offer is tempting. Think you can PM the details? What do they look like?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Question: how hard is it to punch the pins out?

Strongly considering this kit because the other Nova Primes did little for me. The MakeToys one was okay but just a retool in the end, and nothing about the MMC one worked for me aesthetically. I know their Primo series garnered some criticism - have they fixed any of the issues present in those releases?

Need to know this stuff before making a bad decision with $70.

Also, like many I don't give a toss about combiner mode. I have a stock CW Prime and Motormaster for that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Punching them out is very easy, takes 5 seconds tops and you dont need any special tools besides a hammer and a set of pliers. Punching the small pin back in was more difficult, at least for me

• Like Like x 1
  17. Napalm

News Credits:
    What a nightmare I've had installing that :lol . Overall, it was a tough job. Frikkin' crotch was a reluctant beast to tame. I'm no modder, let me tell ye. Zero issues at all getting the pins back in, just wanna add that to those concerned regarding removing/replacing. And the end result is stunning.

But two problems nearly killed it for me.

The first issue was my fault absolutely, down to a complete misunderstanding of one part of the instructions, leading me to warp the two pieces of the new crotch that the small pin slides into. I basically got some steps the wrong way round, put the pin in before I should've and... yeah. Stupid me. It's a testament to the build quality of most of the set that I was able to knock these back straight without causing a breakage.

The second was my misgivings (you know when you just get a bad feeling?) about using the included replacement ratchets being confirmed. Once I had finished the whole fucking installation, naturally. He couldn't hold a pose without keeling over or doing the splits. I knew those wings were gonna make him back heavy but yeah, no. Felt like a classic case of some of the teeth failing and true to 3rd Party form, they had sheared in multiple places.

Mate, I was devastated. Because you all know he looks a stone cold badass. But this stone cold badass was essentially standing as well as a coked up Bob Morton after Boddicker just capped him. And that's just not badass. Genuinely wanted to bin it off.

So I nailed a shot or three and took apart 80% of the figure AGAIN to reinstall the stock ratchets (took a gamble on leaving the new 3 detent black pieces in the crotch). The build proved really easy second time round. Took no time at all and was pretty enjoyable. Even the previously seismic pressures required when screwing his ass together amounted to but a one handed pinch.

And now? He's a rock hard robotic Angel of Death. Wielding a cyber-scythe made of solid piss.

[​IMG]

An absolutely storming upgrade.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  18. Napalm

News Credits:
    Could've just been bad luck on my part, mate. If he's okay now, I wouldn't worry. It would've already happened.

• Like Like x 1
  19. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have been nicer if they gave us a longer handle for the scythe, no? As is, I almost never use it and just stick with the sword.

Your pic is so good, though, it makes me want to buy this set again. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, mine is basically put together. I could not get the pin back in for the combined mode cod piece (the first pin you put back in, the second you remove - can't get it lined up to get the pin through the grey part). I'll give it a try again later. It's pretty glorious. The wing assembly is lovely, and he's so imposing.

For those that are worried/concerned, I have this set of pin punches
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZEABGO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and the smallest two steel ones were absolutely perfect for knocking the pins out (especially if you don't want to mess up the screw driver).

• Like Like x 1