S.N.D. Primo Vitalis upgrade kit for CW Optimus Prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by fendetto, Sep 29, 2015.

1. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

Are there any trailers that work well after installing the kit?

2. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Any pictures of this guy upgraded ... up, and perhaps with MMC Nova Prime?

This kit actually turned this figure into something really nice. Wish I had a CW Prime + kit + fixed hips.

3. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally went and assembled the set... Boy did it take some time to do! Looks fantastic though!

Got a bit of a problem though... when transferring the tiny springs from one torso to the other, the ratchets on the hips wound up becoming super weak. I can get the guy to stand, but the slightest tip of his torso forward/backwards will cause the figure to keel over. The hip ratchets have no resistance to them now? The things were a pain to transfer to begin with... and any searches I look for them instead lead me to the bits that Nonnef made to fix the leg ratchets. =/

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  4. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Anyone know where Nonnef ratchets are still avail?

5. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I bought some off nonnefs website earlier in the year.

6. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Still available on nonnef's site...

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Combiner Wars

there to be exact, there is a drop down menu at the top of his site that is easy to overlook, especially if youre only looking at the front page

8. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

No doubt ... just gna load up on these little puppies ... this upgrade set has given them new life!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chcuky

Chcuky New Member

1.jpg 20170520_221339.jpg

After 6 months of waiting... finally...... how sweet it is... only issue is the scratches on the window chest pieces.. A perfect companion piece for the upgraded CW Megatron...

• Like Like x 1
  10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cw snd prime leg tabs.jpg
    Pardon the crappy quality... but I noticed something a silly/nifty bit when it came to the combiner mode... The Prime bot mode knees, which are now backwards, tend to cause serious stability issues for keeping him standing. One fix, I suppose, is to tighten the ratchets (IDK how that's done though, so any input for the various ratchets would be helpful!)... but another simple fix would be to use the tabs for truck mode. Just rotate the panels up, and tab them onto the upper thighs like you would in car mode. The only con would be that you lose the thigh swivels, but the waist still works for small movements. Makes a very cohesive blue chunk of legs, not too shabby for display.

That aside... man is it fiddly to get into alt mode. Also wished the plastic was a bit sturdier... I stressed the hood bits that slide onto the smokestacks. =( Again, anyone know a good way to tighten up the various ratchets on this guy? His hip ratchets (for forward/backward movement) are super loose. =/

11. SHADDO

You can find a couple of Snap Tite kits that seem to work well with his alt mode, as well as Motormaster and Scourge...one is a standard Optimus Prime box style trailer and the other is a tanker trailer. Each runs about $25-27USD + tax.

Modifications may have to be made for connections, but I'm not sure as I haven't had the chance to assemble them yet.

12. SHADDO

The forward/backwards hinge/ratchet issue is because of Hasbro's subpar quality, nothing to do with the kit itself. It may be possible to insert a thin piece of cardboard or a small washer like with the Metroplex hips to tighten the ratchets.

13. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Another succesful install. 20170610_184617.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're hardcore. I wouldn't go through that again if you paid me. End results are lovely, but no, just no, to the process. Ugh.

15. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I'd actually love to go through it again. I think it's half of the fun!

• Like Like x 2
  16. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

It was interesting experience, that's for sure. The pins were easier to remove than I thought they'd be.

17. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

Even though I speak from point of view as someone who builds gunpla, I found it actually very fun. Plus the new screwdriver is always nice

18. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

The only really tenuous part for me are the damn Hasbro screws. Pins are always a bit frightening but I'm getting more comfortable with them. Just waiting on Nova.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Hasbro screws were a nightmare to get out. Thought I was going to break Optimus a couple of times. It would have been nice if they'd included enough screws in the kit to replace all of the Hasbro ones that had to be removed.

20. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

My buddies screw head shattered when he was assembling his. Thankfully I haven't HAD to replace any screws (though I did 3 just to be safe). I have a very shallow head philips that is amazing at getting these screws out. Was a crappy little one that came in a tool kit I was able to order through work. Unfortunately it has no grip and is double sided, so.I now have a blister from the flat head digging into my skin. But it does trick so I'll grin and bare it.