S.I.C.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Caine, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Anybody here also collects it?

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Nice. I dont have any but I am looking to get Blade King Form and G3-X in the unforeseeable future.

3. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

I do, along with other Kamen Rider merchandise.

4. Caine

News Credits:
    I'm just starting this hobby, mostly because of persuasion of my friend who collects nearly ALL SIC's available. That Shadow Moon image above wasn't mine, but already pre-ordered mine, will arrive at November/December. ;)  Loved the 90's Kamen Rider Black RX show more than any other Kamen Rider shows.

Although I'm hoping to get Kamen Rider Knight/Survive & Ouja (also) for the unforeseeable future. After that, probably quitting this, and focus back on TFs. :lol 

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a few but I've stopped buying them for quite awhile - I've decided to buy other stuff such as Gundam instead.

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a bunch, but since I am incapable of owning an SIC that doesn't break in some way (sometimes right out of the box), I gave up on them after finishing the Garo figures. :( 

7. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Will post up some old pictures later...:D 

8. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

New collector, long time fan here.

First heard about them via seeing shots of SIC Kamen Rider Black and thinking "wtf is this, MacFarlane's Masked Riders?" and soon turned away.

Years later I'm hunting around 4chan and I witness these awesome Kamen Rider Kabuto customs. I find out later they are customized SICs, and I get to researching the line more and find that the newer ones aren't so monster like and look more like stylized versions of the characters on screen. Time travel a couple more years into the future and I just got a large collection with some spare cash I had.

Faiz
    Faiz Accel Form ($$$$)
    Faiz Blaster+Auto Vajin
    Kaixa+Delta
    Agito+Machine Tornador
    G3|G3-X+G4
    Another Agito+Burning|Shining Agito
    Movie Realization The Next Hopper 1 vs Hopper 2 (technically same team made them)

I love all of them, but G3-X tends to fall apart pretty easily both from really weak joints and the armor clipping on fairly loose. Also Shining|Burning Agito can't hold his swords because his hands aren't designed to do so (open claws). Otherwise, pretty minor complaints for such awesome designs.

9. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

SICs are very cool figures, but need high maintainence, as loose joints or pegs are very common or falling off body armor parts. Often needs superglue, nail polish, dental floss, double sided tape or what have you to fix problematic joints or parts. And after following the line since the beginning, the newer releases became less attractive to me (as you know what to expect already in the designs), unless its a character you really like.

Its a very cool line for displayable figures. But if you play with yours a lot, expect some loose joints that needs to get fixed later.

10. Caine

News Credits:
    Yep, that's what I've heard about the SICs. Beside, I only (really) liked Kamen Rider Shadow Moon, so yeah, he's gotta be my first and last purchase. While Knight+Ouja are optional.

11. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    No SIC's proper, but I have a movie realization EVA-01 and two Lord of Byston Well figs that are made by the same Bandai Subgroup and the same manufacturing design team.

The EVA falls apart constantly, and my LOBW Virunvee came with his waist snapped in half at the clear plastic ball joint. They remind me a bit of Kaiyodo's Virtual On figures from back in the day; it took me three tries to get a Temjin that wasn't broken.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great shelf candy. Rotten toys.

12. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

If you have Shadow Moon, you have to get Black (show colors)/Black RX. That's being reisssued this month.

13. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

I've never had quality issues with mine. I have the Japanese releases, unsure of the quality on the HK ones (if there is even any difference other then a sticker).

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    There isn't, really. It all comes from the same factory.

15. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

You sure just Shadow Moon is enough for you? :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And don't mean to scare anybody away from the SIC with the "high maintainance" comment. I have most of the releases, and love them all. Just want you to know what you are getting into.

16. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Nice Battle Hopper :D 

I love the SIC, and I'm really excited for the Black reissue. Will probably pick up Shadowmoon too, to have Black's arch enemy and his Green Mode. I love SIC as a whole, but some do have a lot of loose joint problems. Especially G3X and G4 series. Loose legs, barely able to stand. And I hope SIC's hands will be improved. They really have difficulties in holding weapon (specifically swords)

17. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about the problems with regards to the Eva mine had no problems. I can't 100% say that the Japan issues are better in QC as compared to the HK versions but I have less QC problems with the former.

19. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

Don't think it matters with Japan or HK version of SIC. All my SICs are shipped from Japan, since I bought from HLJ, with about 20-30 figures now, as well as a few bikes. I still have a good share of loose joints, with a habit of giving most of them a 'superglue trick' treatment to most of them, tightening their ball joints and lessen shelf diving.

20. Caine

News Credits:
    [​IMG]