S.H. MonsterArts

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Baltan, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    Your dealing with a far, far different beast here my friend. With figuarts they can use the same body molds for different riders or forms. Here each of the kaiju are going to be unique brand new molds. So that means production cost are going to be higher vs. the figuarts and are going to carry a higher price tag.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I WOULD pay the $60 price, but only if they came with all the extra parts like they SHOULD have.

With the extra accessories you're now looking at $120 or more PER figure.

That's just too damn much.

Which remonds me, I want to get the Revoltech Jurassic Park T-Rex, but even for $30 he's VERY small. No, he's TOO small.

I swear, even if these toys look great, they're screwing you over someway.

I'd honestly much rather see some nice, large roto-cast figures of Godzilla or a JP T-Rex. That way they could be more affordable and still be given a good level of articulation. Maye someday Hasbro and Bandai will attempt such a thing. Sigh...

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well I ordered Godzilla again this time at BBTS and this time its an early Christmas gift for me. Due to my room situation he might be in package, but thats a so-so.

4. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's freaking Godzilla with atomic breath? What else could it come with?

5. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I wish I had gotten him when he was $75 or so on BBTS. Now he's fetching over $150-$300 everywhere :banghead: 
    For now the 7" vinyl figure I have will do. I also have the 9" vinyl from Tokyo: S.O.S. (With the rocket pods and arm gun thingies.) and I'm trying to get the giant 12" vinyl figure that Toys R' Us carries. Found him at a local comic store for $25.

I can't get enough of Kiryu :lol 

BBTS sells a 4 case of those 12" figures, 2X Godzilla, 1X Gigan, and 1X Kiryu, for $50 or so. I'm thinking of buying them and selling off one of the Godzillas. Save more money that way.

I think he's referring to MechaGodzilla II. I agree with him on that, which is why I'm not sure if I want to get him or just wait for Kiryu down the pipeline. Kiryu is my definitive MechaGodzilla.

6. SearchmanDS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, as I've never seen the movie MechaGodzilla had the Garuda, I can live without that. Heck, most of my experience with the Heisei Mecha-G come from Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee, so I really don't need it :lol . As for getting a definitive Mecha-G in your case, I'd definitely wait for Kiryu since that's easily the best one(before Kiryu, I always hated Mecha-G, that changed after seeing Kiryu). Personally, I want Showa, Heisei, and Kiryu in my collection to show the evolution of the design.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Well, for another $60 it comes with this: Super Weapons

8. SearchmanDS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually try $45 for Middleman(exchange rate in crapper+Middleman fees, without that, it'd be $30). Truthfully, Bandai didn't have to make a little army for Godzilla to trash(and another breath part), but they did. That little extra touch made me want it for my collection. Not to mention ANY Kaiju can trash that army(I know personally when I get my two Rodans, they will be blowing them away with sonic boom flight :lol ), it doesn't have to be just Godzilla.

9. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Man, some of you guys are going to hate me, but I have two diecast Kiryu figures...ooh. But I can't lie that they are awesome. Lucky for me I got them and Final Wars Gigan from the same Godzilla fan, who unfortuately decided to close his website due to personal interests.

10. Tyrannosaur

The stand for Godzilla's thermonuclear breath is compatible with Revoltech figures too! Awesome!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blast my import store!!! Where is my Goji and Mecha!!! The pictures are killing me!!!

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I have, at one point or another, owned nearly every Chogokin Godzilla figure and variant. That includes the chrome Kiryus, both Showa Mechagodzillas (I don't think I've ever had the rare chromed '74...), metallic and Death Trigger Gigan (still have these), and black Kiryu. The Kiryu mold was always very detailed, but in terms of those DAMN FINS, or the arm cables, there is zero jealousy to be had. That's the one thing that would be nice about a potential SHMA Kiryu: NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. Bah.

I will admit that the accessory set is certainly on the expensive side, and being a dreaded Tamashii Web exclusive never helps, but the set thankfully has never felt essential. The only piece in the bunch that I felt had no business being there was Godzilla's red spiral attack, and even that could be included with Burning Godzilla later. Garuda is a different story, but I don't think many people would have bit on a complete Heisei Mechagodzilla for, what, $100+?

13. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I too had some problems with those fins Kiryu had maybe they were assembled backwards, but who knows. Anyways I agree with that if Kiryu is made from Tamashii and I think it will we'll be happy campers.

14. SearchmanDS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I have to admit if the Garuda was included and drove the price up, I'd probably be skipping Heisei MechaGodzilla. I know it's a 'Tamashii Web Exclusive woooo scary', but honestly, if you want it you'll get it, if you don't want it, you won't. Personally, even if I had seen the movie the Garuda is from I still wouldn't bite, because you know, Mecha-Gs are supposed to be able to fly on their own.

15. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Garuda's not a glorified jetpack, damn it!

Okay maybe it is. :( 

Assembled... backwards? The problem is that the fins are installed by you, the owner and must either be glued in permanently, so that you can never put Kiryu back in its box, or left alone and forever run the risk of falling out if you ever touch it.

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  17. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well when I got the Kiryus they were opened and messed around before being put back and some of the tail spines were on the wrong side. Sorry for not being specific.

18. Tyrannosaur

You know which enemy I totally forgot about even though he's one of my favorite top five kaijus?

Megalon.

Has there EVER been a toy of this guy? I can't recall ever seeing a vinyl figure of him at all.

He needs an update. Every kaiju from the Showa Era who had their name in the title had an update, why not him? He's bad ass looking.

You wouldn't have to update his design much to match the look of the Millennium Era kaijus.

19. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I would love a Megalon! He is a fantastic Kaiju. I'm hoping for him and Ebirah. That and tiny buildings for everyone to demolish.

20. SearchmanDS

News Credits:
    Ebay: