Ryan Reynolds still on for Deadpool!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Yes. It is in fact true. Have you ever stopped and wondered why all of these new titles started AFTER the Wolverine movie?
    Saracasm doesn't work well in text form. Please sir, I beg you to make some sense out of this, or quickly get to your point.
    Whether he's awesome or not is all a matter of opinion, so don't just go talking about yours like it's fact. And IMO, Deadpool has never stopped being awesome, and this is where I question just how much you've read lately. Because he's been pretty fricken cool, at least in his main title (I don't read any of the others).
    And guest spots? You mean those appearances from other Marvel characters?
    1. Marvel's been doing that for like, ever.
    2. They're all in the same universe, so they can meet up however often they want. And basically every time, Deadpool has a reason for meeting up with these characters.

I agree, Deadpool's been written better. But to just dismiss his recent stories as awful, is just flat out stupid.

Your complaints are matching those of pretty much every other Deadpool fan's. Nothing new, and like I said, soon we'll be back to the normal Deadpool run. Which DOES have good writers, and is all the Deadpool I read anyway (Although I will admit, I have kind of a soft spot for DP Corps).

Oh, and please, don't go on about that "I remember when he was awesome" shit. Please, just don't.

I always enjoy a good comparison, when the comparison can make sense. I'm not trying to stop anyone, I'm saying that it's stupid to argue over whether a space cop or a disfigured mercenary are better then one another.
    Comparisons like Deadpool/Lobo, Superman/Sentry/Thor, those are the kind of comparisons that make sense, and are fun to me. To me, the whole Deadpool/Lantern rivalry makes just about as much sense as a Spiderman/Power Girl rivalry.

Ugh, can we please just drop it?
    Oh well. Back on topic.
    Yay! Ryan Reynolds back for Deadpool! w00t x2

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hilarious. :lol 

They're superheroes, people are going to compare them regardless of their origin. They're just comic book characters after all. There's nothing wrong with comparing Superman to Thor or comparing Deadpool to Green Lantern. I don't understand why you're getting so offended over it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that Reynolds is still on board with the project.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I'm not getting offended. It just doesn't make sense to me. I already said I'm not telling anyone to stop, but I'm allowed to get annoyed by it. If you want to fine, do it, enjoy yourself. I just don't see the logic in it. I really don't give that much of a shit, it's not like I'm hovering over my keyboard crying because somebody wants to compare the two. But if it's senseless to me, I'll say it. If you honestly felt I was attacking you, then I'm sorry.
    Jesus Christ. Listen, I already said forget about it. Obviously you guys don't understand what I'm saying, so it seems rather pointless to keep trying to explain myself over and over again.

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    How about this to the people thinking Deadpool is getting whored out just stop reading and caring! Just because something exsist and you don't like it doesn't mean people are forcing you to read/watch it!
    Anyways yay deadpool movie!

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Internet hissy-fits over comics are hilarious, I must say (and I've had my fair share of them).

The only thing I'm gonna say about the topic though, is get the costume and look of DP right, or GTFO. Reynolds phoned in his performance of DP (Wade Wilson, whatever), and he needs to make do something to set the character apart from Hannibal King and potentially Hal Jordan.

Good advice.... pity that, for the most part, it only applies to things we actually like.

6. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Deadpool. :rock  That is all.

7. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope they go with T-Ray and Typhoid Mary for the villians.