Ryan Reynolds still on for Deadpool!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ironhide2005, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Deadpool fans stop burning green lantern merchandise! In a recent interview Ryan says its still on and is his next project in mind and gives a few tibbits on the script Ryan Reynolds On Green Lantern And Deadpool

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    If I could be one person, I'd be him.

Can't wait for this movie, it's gonna kickass.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    w00t

4. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yay!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

I so hope the Deadpool movie will become the funniest action comedy film ever (which BTW True Lies is). I wonder who they'll make Deadpool's nemesis?

Who agrees that Deadpool is better than the Green Lantern.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  6. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Me and many others.

7. Hiraga

News Credits:
    That sir, is a stupid comparison.
    Seriously? Will this idiotic Green Lantern/Deadpool rivalry ever end?

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deadpool got his ass whipped by Moon Knight.

Next?

9. Hiraga

News Credits:
    :lol 
    Considering that whole fight took place in a Moon Knight comic, I don't think it should come as a suprise to anyone that Moon Knight won. It was kind of a given.

10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, yeah I know. Shocked the hell out of me when I read it.

11. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    I agree on DP being better than Hal Jordan and on DP's nemesis Targetmaster would be awesome. I just hope for no Cable because they'll probly barakapool him.

12. Hiraga

News Credits:
    The characters have absolutely nothing in common except for the fact that they're played by the same actor. That's like comparing Batman to John Connor, or Iron Man to Charlie Chaplin.
    Deadpool is a wisecracking, deformed mercenary, and Green Lantern is a guy with a magic ring and a member of a universal police force.
    C'mon people.

13. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Deadpool was cool before Marvel decided to pimp him out like a $2 whore, now he is over-used and over-exposed.

14. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Jesus, does anyone in this thread know anything about how comic books work?
    Okay, this is the only time I'm going to say this. Deadpool isn't nearly as 'whored' out as oh say, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, ect. He's just getting so much comic attention because of the Wolverine movie.
    Now while Deadpool wasn't the star of Wolverine (Who is WAY more 'whored' out then Deadpool), he was one of the things that everyone seemed to like about the movie. And seeing as he had a sudden increase in popularity, and he was getting his own movie, you'd have to be an idiot to not expect Marvel to show off Deadpool as much as they can.
    Now most of his current comics series are very limited runs, in fact, Merc with a Mouth just ended. Just wait a bit and we'll be back to just the good old Deadpool series.
    And over-exposure? Are you kidding me? You're getting mad at the fact that an awesome character is getting more attention? Plus, it's not like we're seeing Deadpool role-playing toys, a Deadpool cartoon series, or a Deadpool cereal. You want over-exposure? Go ask Spider-Man.
    [​IMG]
    Deadpool is just the current thing with comic readers, since XMOW was what introduced a lot of people to Deadpool in the first place.

*sigh* There. I'm done. :) 

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  15. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

:rock 

This news made me go :bay 
    Ryan Reynolds ... Deadpool ... oh how I cannot wait.

16. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    This is the greatest post in TFW history sir. You win this thread and life.

17. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I know plenty of how comics work. Deadpool right now reminds me of Venom back in the mid 90's. Character that starts out as completely bad, becomes anti-hero, gets popular with fans, then gets his own mini or ongoing series. Deadpool's saving grace and the one thing that keeps him going is the comedic element which Venom never had.
    Of course he isn't whored out as much as those 3 are for the simple fact that Deadpool isn't a typical hero character (he really isn't even a hero) or even your typical comic character with his breaking the 4th wall.
    Problem there is that the similarities between Deadpool in XMOW and the 616 Deadpool pretty much begin and end with the name and smartass comments. It was Reynolds playing Hannibal King again.

18. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Deadpool was never completely bad. If I recall correctly, in the first issue he was in he made it very clear that he was just a mercenary. He even went as far as to tell Cable that it wasn't anything personal.
    And the whole Venom thing was doomed from the start. But Deadpool's made it work.

So what's the problem? Again, Marvel always likes to advertise characters who are currently popular. And Deadpool became really popular last year. So once again, it's idiotic to be suprised that Marvel is currently pushing him forward.

And? It still introduced people to the character. That's not a problem with the character himself, just how he was written in the movie...So I don't really see where you were going with this one. Or the entire post for that matter.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    can't wait for this movie. hope there will be the classic costume. not that lazer eye robot like thing.

20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    That's not true. He's getting whored because 15 year old fanboys talk about him being the greatest character because he's "self aware". And that is really awesome, in their opinion.
    Wait, are you saying Marvel is trying to make money off Wolverine?
    Yeah, it's be crazy not to have a character rammed down our throats.
    Now most of his current comics series are very limited runs, in fact, Merc with a Mouth just ended. Just wait a bit and we'll be back to just the good old Deadpool series. There was a time, roughly 4 months when Deadpool was in 5 titles a month. Doesn't matter if they're limited or not, that's far too much exposure.
    Deadpool isn't an awesome character. Deadpool CAN be an awesome character but in the last couple he's had pretty awful writers tackling him, with really tacked on terrible guest spots. I actually remember when Deadpool was a good character with a great series.

And Deadpool can be compared to any other superhero. What's stopping anyone from comparing the two? They're both boring characters who can be amazing when good writers are penning their respective books.