Heavy/Scratch: RWX-04a "Flipper Base"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Hey all! After Thermidor 2, and another two as-yet-unrevealed robots, i decided to make more crossovers. Since i've been recently teaching people Physics (high school physics is difficult, apparently), i've needed a good practical demonstration for the effects of unbalanced torque, and i figure, what better for that than a flipper? So i've decided to work on making a Transformer version of Gravity 3, or at least close to it. I'm posting what i've got now so i've got a record of the basic inner workings (everything from here on out is just a lot of styrene work), and just in case anyone wants a good flipper robot base.

The parts used in the construction of this are:

• DOTM Sandstorm (really useful for rear hinged flippers!)
    • HFTD Payload (wheels)
    That's it. The build simply consists of gluing the Payload wheels over the existing rear wheels, and popping off the feet (at the ankle ball joint) and swapping them. Then, using a dremel engraving bit, get inside the foot, and drill on the outside of the foot, as there's a little protrusion there that stops the foot from opening out fully. Get rid of that, and you can achieve the robot mode shown. Also from the feet, unscrew the little black bit that connects to the roll cage in vehicle mode, discard it. From the chest, unscrew the two lower halves of the cage, discarding them. Simply remove the front wheels with a soldering iron and pliers to finish. Oh, and pop apart his chest to get rid of that seat/chest plate thing. Done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this might a) help anyone wanting a flipper, or at least b) help those who don't like Sandstorm's clown feet!

EDIT: Don't know what a flipper robot is? Either click here, or, y'know, watch more combat robots...

Attached Files:

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn, and here I was hoping for a dolphin transformer :D 

looks good to me, I'm not entirely sure what a flipper is, but it's looking very cool regardless!

3. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Great idea, and super clean execution!

(a dolphin TF....Now there's an idea.)

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Heh, a flipper is simply what the name suggests: a robot who carries a ramp which flips up with a lot of power to send other robots flying.

Thanks for the comments guys, hope to get working on Gravity 3 after exams finish...

5. RW8U

RW8U CRUSADERCON!

Or you could just call it a tricked out wheelbarrow.

6. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Neat. I like it.