Heavy/Scratch: RWX-01 Anthea (Gemini)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

This is the first of my Robot Wars Crossovers (RWX) customs. You've seen Thermidor 2 already, but that was a bit of a stretch from the original. I like to think with Anthea, i got close to it's inspiration.

Bio:
    “When Arcee braved Megatron’s initiation test under the codename Nightbird, she was forced to slaughter an Autobot prisoner to prove her loyalty. That prisoner was Anthea, a former entertainer, captured for blackmail material. Her belief in Autobot rescue extinguished by Arcee’s sword, she survived due to Megatron having uploaded her conscience out of her body, so that she could serve her purpose as hostage. Her knowledge of the Nightbird project now exposed within Megatron’s network, and Arcee showing her just how much the Autobots cared about her, she volunteered for “Project: M.A.C.E.”, a radical reformatting scheme, giving up her beauty and singing talents for a huge power increase and a battle-ready vehicle mode, experimental side-effects be damned. Swearing revenge on Arcee, she now operates on the front line of every Decepticon Invasion.”

I wrote the bio after reading Deliciouspeter's bio for his "Arcee: Operation Nightbird", so i suppose Anthea here falls into the Animated-verse. I think that's where she fits in best anyways, as there's nowhere else where a car would be armed with a huge flipper! :lol 

Made from:
    · DOTM Sandstorm (base)
    · HFTD Backfire (armor plates, chest)
    · HFTD Payload (wheels)
    · Universe/ROTF Skydive (waist)
    · HG 1/144 O Raiser (misc. part)

Inspired by:
    robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gemini

Vehicle mode is a tribute to Team Mace’s Gemini robot (or more accurately, half of it), flipper, wheels, even down to the wheelie bar on the back. The name “Anthea” comes from the fact half of Gemini was once piloted by Anthea Turner.

The flipper is powered by, well, you. You put your index finger under the wheelie bar, and then press down hard on the back of the flipper. I pushed as hard as i could, with a HA human figurine on the end,and it flipped the figure about 5 feet in the air! It literally threw a human from the ground, up over the stovetop, and...well, into my cup of water, actually. :lol 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a picture of the Gemini robot (well, half of it) from Robotwars Wiki:
    [​IMG]

I'm really sad that Hasbro's Sandstorm mold, if you've not already seen my thread in Transformers Toy Discussion, has a huge problem with its pegs that hold the back wheels in place. Obviously, those pegs broke on Anthea, and hence she's now retired to being a static display robot. The flipper still works just as well as ever, but she doesn't roll as well as she used to. In the future, i'll probably rebuild her with Shapeways, so she can return to glory, and maybe even build the other half of Gemini, which i'll call.....Wendy. :rolleyes: 

Attached Files:

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Very interesting concept. Will you be making Chaos 2 complete with awkwardly voiced ginger human-alliance figure?

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

:lol 

I've always wanted to build a Chaos 2, though probably with a less annoying voice. :) 

Anyways, I've just ordered my new Gem Mech model off of Shapeways, which is basically a downsized, non-transforming version of this kit bash, in Alumidewhich, which should be stronger (albeit more brittle) than WSF. This should hopefully make the model stronger and more durable than the Sandstorm mold.