RUSTY HEARTS (like DFO but FUN)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cracka J, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sup guys, just curious if anyone's been playing around with this game yet. It launched on steam about a week ago, was developed by stairway games, and published by perfect world entertainment.

But forget all that.

All you really need to know is this game is a lot like Dungeon Fighter Online (DFO), or Final Fight for you old schoolers, mixed in with RPG/leveling elements. DFO had these as well, but imo Rusty Hearts does everything DFO did and does it better. The graphics are smooth cel-shaded 3D, the gameplay is fluid and responsive with a unique "create a combo" engine, customizable avatars with weapons that change appearance upon equipping, online multiplayer, and no "time limits" to how much you can play. Oh, did I mention the game is FREE as well? Yeah, free.

Some downsides atm are an unselectable avatar (I think she's supposed to be available sometime in the future), and lengthy anime-emo cutscenes every now and then, but you can bypass those by spamming on your enter key. There's a cash shop too of course (can't avoid these with F2P games), but it's not necessary to dump any coin there. Really, it's a fun game that's worth a try, and when it's free, what's to complain about?

Rusty Hearts on Steam

2. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

I used to play DFO alot but it gets old quickly. I saw link to RH on Dubhappy but didn't try it. I think I will try it now.

3. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I noticed last night there is a stamina bar like DFO that will probably limit daily playtime, but either the steam version doesn't tick down atm, or they just have it locked out currently so people can get a feel for the game.

Also browsed the cash shop a bit, and while there's alot of clothes for your avatar, I didn't notice anything in there that altered your weaponry or whatever, which is great because it means the majority will be obtainable just by playing the game.

Played with a friend last night too and the game still ran incredibly smooth, even with all the effects going off and mobs of enemies flying everywhere. I'd like to get a full party eventually and see how it holds up.