Running out of space!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iDarkDesign, Jun 13, 2008.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Ok, so I've been seriously collecting for almost ten years now. One can imagine that a toy collection will absorb quite some room. (it does!) And I'm not even a completist. I focus my collection on show characters. Anything with screentime and a couple of cool non-show toys. Even so my collection count comes in the vicinity of the 1400 toys. This includes minicons and such.

Now I'm still not feeling it's time to quit yet. Unlike some of my friends who lost the fun in this hobby I'm still finding it a lot of fun. (repainting!)

So on to the question. I'm looking to still keep everything displayed. But I'm running out of room pretty fast nowadays. I'm looking for some creative ways of displaying the bots while preserving display room.

Example: I've found that wooden wine cases (Like when you get a business gift from your boss or something like that) Especially the ones that hold 3 bottles. Work really well as a display structure for Micromasters and minicons. That way I can display 3 to 4 times as much micromasters/minicons on the same shelfspace.

anyone got any suggestions?

iDD

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Might as well line your entire room up ,floor to ceiling & wall to wall with the shelves. You'll need em eventually :lol 

You can use toy packages or Prime trailers to prop up a second row, or get some of those spice rack shelves

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I'll post some pics later. I live in a small studio in Amsterdam. The only part where there's no TF's is my around my bed and in my kitchen. Thankfully my girl is a tender one. She fits in nicely on the couch ;) 

iDD

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm a big fan of using blocks or various other things to at more layers to my shelves. By raising the height of the figures in the back you can pile more in front. I got shelves that go like 6 figures deep with the help of the blocks

5. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    use that space that you call your "bed", jk

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I took some pics:

Living space
    [​IMG]

Opposite side a display case
    [​IMG]

On top of a book-case
    [​IMG]

And the DVD's
    [​IMG]

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yep man, cover the walls, there is plenty of room left. Eventually you'll still run out of room, I have 2 closets, and attic and garage filled also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    remember I don't have a spare room. I live in a studio. If I had a dedicated room for it like you seem to do I would have wall to wall bots. I'll even glue them to the ceiling if I have to! I'm looking for a new house with seperate rooms though. When that happens I'll love to just go wall-to-wall with the toys.

iDD