Running Change on TFCC Side Burn?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Deej, Aug 29, 2011.

1. The Deej

The Deej Well-Known Member

I just got my TFCC Side Burn in the mail and I noticed a little oddity on it. The ends of the spoilers are bent, but there's no sign of stress marks and both are at the exact same angle. All the Side Burns I've seen pictures of have straight spoilers and I've found no mention of any running change.

When I say there's no sign of stress marks, I mean there's still a uniform shine running across the plastic and it feels as solid as any other piece.

The number on his inner leg is #36748, pretty late into the production. Is anyone else's Side Burn, particularly the later numbered ones, like this? Or did I just get some freak chance varient?

Attached Files:

2. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Nope it was just bad packaging

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The plastic is pretty thin and soft there so it can bend a little before stress markes. The batch run of Side Burn is so small so that a running change is unlikely.

4. The Deej

The Deej Well-Known Member

So I suppose I should just consider myself lucky that the damage was symmetrical and kinda cool looking.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt that it was done on purpose. Even though it is practically perfectly symmetrical, and sort of cool looking, as you said, it wouldn't make any sense on a real car, and I don't know why they'd make a change like that, especially mid-production.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    When mine came in the mail one of the spikes was slightly bent. I just bent it back with no problems or signs of stressing.

Kinda irked that they forced him into a box that didn't fit. I know it's free and all, but still.