Rundown of all the pre-order TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Galaxy Convoy, May 23, 2010.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Can somebody give me a rundown of all the pre-order exclusive TFs? I've been to the website and it only lists Jazz, Shockwave, and Demolisher at Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon.com. Doesn't say who the other stores are getting. Or is that it?

2. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    It's possible that those are the only ones that are going to be made available.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All eight stores linked to the official site will have an exclusive character--the official War For Cybertron website guarantees it. Who those characters are is anyone’s guess.

Seeing how High Moon Studios keeps making the point of the game being divided into two campaigns (Autobots and Decepticons), and the four classes that are supposed to offer character variety, I think it's a safe bet assuming the exclusive 8 exclusive characters will be four Autobots and four Decepticons, each factions members making up one of each class (Leader, Scientist, Soldier and Scout). Here's what we have so far:

If I’m correct, Slipstream and Arcee WILL NOT be store exclusives, as their respective factions already have someone occupying their designated classes.

4. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where does it guarantee we'll get 8? I received an email from the official site saying to pre-order the game and it only showed the 3 known exclusives.

I used to work in promotions and marketing and I realize sometimes people are lazy and don't get things moving as fast as they should but we're less than month from release and this is a national campaign. I highly doubt we'll see any more exclusives this late in the game.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Running the cursor over the preorder tab tells you preorder to unlock exclusive characters; clicking on it reveals 8 stores linked to this offer.

6. JPJappic

JPJappic As you command Megatron.

It's starting to look highly doubtful there will be any more exclusive characters for preorders. I think you may possibly be looking too much into it.

Also, it's been more or less confirmed that there are only 3 exclusives.

7. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

Considering that the game is less than a month away, I doubt there are anymore preorder characters coming. It could be that they were planned on earlier but didn't pan out.

Either way, expect to only have three bonus characters to choose from. I'll be getting Jazz personally.

8. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I'll be getting all of them since invariably, stuff like this gets made available as DLC a month or two after release

9. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Just because there's 8 stores listed doesn't mean all of them will be offering pre-order exclusives, their probably just there so people will have plenty of online retailers to choose from. I'd like to get more characters for the game too, but I'd rather get them in DLC format anyway.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a Toy R US exclusive for Silverbolt for DS version.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The game's not coming out tomorrow. They game is coming out in a little less than a month away, and High Moon Studios is still giving out information about the game at least once a week, be it a video interview or text.

If only three are it, well fine, that's it. I doubt it though. Balance is so much of an issue with them they make a point to bring it up in videos time and time again. 2 to 1 is not balanced. Sure Jazz is cool and all, but taking Shockwave and Demolisher all by himself is going to be a little tough for this fast car.

More over, Escalation mode is a 4-player co-op mode, in which the user can team up with four of his/her buddies or AI characters--Autobots and Decepticons, I'm assuming, cannot be paired--that's not with this game's about; it's about choosing a side, Autobot or Decepticon, and seeing their respective stories through.

As the mode is limited to four players at a time, I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing 4 Shockwave/Demolisher/Jazzs (or whatever your combination) going through this mode at one time--how confusing would that be?

EDIT:
    These characters are exclusive to only one store. Sure we can choose where to buy a particular character, but we can't assume (shouldn't assume) someone like Jazz is going to be a Toy's R Us too.

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried a couple of the links provided, to see if maybe the actual store websites said what they were getting. Wal-Mart and TRU are giving gift cards with their pre-orders. Sears' site wouldn't load and Target's doesn't even have it listed.

Might be safe to assume it's just Jazz, Shockwave, and Demolisher as exclusives.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if there are more pre-order characters, but I can live with three.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Walmart/Toys R Us gift card for $10, free pre-order shipping or whatever isn't an exclusive character; they are in-store deals.

Kmart/Sears (same company) both updated their sites—updated version has less functionality. Walmart did the same, too, the updated version links to itself with the same info—old box art linking to the new one. Toys R Us’ update looks pretty nice, just be sure to click on the XBOX 360’s War For Cybertron box art and click on the product video icon, which isn’t available on the PS3 side of things—a new video is likely to pop up there when ready.

Target didn’t jump on the tease bandwagon. Apparently, they didn’t feel it was necessary to update their preorder side of things with nothing to promote.

15. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Why do people exepct that every TF in the game will be playable? Every video game ever has characters that aren't playable.

The pre-order list is supposedly to consist of 3 characters and nothing more.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who thought that? I’ve seen poster after poster stating Omega Supreme and Trypticon probably won’t be playable, as well as preorder characters not being playable in story mode.

Source, please? If true, which I doubt, means Activision’s official Transformers: War For Cybertron’s preorder page is very misleading. You can’t have the same three exclusive characters at any other store, as they are (insert store name here) exclusives; more over, it tells would be purchasers to preorder at one of eight stores to get an exclusive character, suggesting all stores will have their own exclusive character.

17. JPJappic

JPJappic As you command Megatron.

I already showed you the proof earlier in the thread. Several people got e-mails from activision saying those were the only three exclusive characters to be offered.

You are looking into the website wording WAY too much.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Proof would be the actual e-mail confirming such. I could just as easily say I got an e-mail from Matt Tieger saying Powerglide is Target’s exclusive character.

19. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    smh

20. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    slightly off topic, but i keep saying I'm switching my amazon pre-order for best buy for jazz. But when i finally go look to cancel i see that amazon, in addition to demolisher, will give me $10 towards a future game purchase(ds version of game) and $5 of free mp3s. In other words the consumer in me has beaten out the TF fan in me. lol