Minor/Repaint: Runabout Ravaged by inVader

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SkyQuake, Feb 15, 2006.

1. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

After crash landing on Earth, Darth Vader’s transforming Tie-fighter was severely damaged. He came across a frantic Decepticon Runabout (who had previously stolen Alternator Ravage’s body). Needing a new mech body of his own, Vader seized the opportunity that the Force had given him. Wielding his light saber, he put an end to Runabout’s incoherent, panicked gibberish, and re-beheaded the Alternator body. While lying on the ground, Runabout’s head expressed his thanks.

Ignoring the seemingly living robot head, Vader examined his prize that had by default transformed into a black convertible Corvette. Vader liked what he saw, kicked the tires, and took it for a spin. All of sudden, music (unfortunately, not to Vader’s liking) started blaring out of the stereo. Vader (annoyed) ejected Ravage from the console while doing in excess of 200 mph….. with the top down. As the cassette whizzed out of the car, Vader swore that heard it say “DECeptcons f-o-r—e---v----e-----r!!” It seemed to turn into large puppy in the rearview mirror that looked kinda mad. Luckily Lord Vader was riding in style and put good distance between him, and that nasty little bugaboo.

Ravage: “I’m a cat – SLAGG-IT!”

[​IMG]

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I gotta admit - that looks really awesome. Darth Vader's helmet fits in with that mold and design pretty well, in my opinion. Cool stuff, Skyquake.

3. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Thanks! I thought it would be fun to do. Ah, the Alt Ravage figure :horse:  .

And yes, Lord Vader was Photoshopped (unlike Runabout). I can't afford to do everything my imagination dreams up. For everything else, there's Photoshop. I took pictures with the figures side by side to assure proper size (to prove that the Vader head is about the right size). Although this would be rather easy to do in reality, I wanna keep my Runabout.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Are the ball joints on Vader's and Ravage's heads the same size?

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Vader's head isn't a ball-jointed one. On the toy he only looks side to side. Nice work on that Vader/ ravage bash. :thumb 

6. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Hmm.. not sure. As I said, I didn't take apart my Vader. If you're feeling adventurous, I would say pull on Vader's head, but first disconnect the double pronged hinge on the head from within the tie fighter (underneath the Tie-fighter top). That way, it may prevent breakage of it.

7. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Thanks! It sounds as though a hole might have to be drilled upward at the base of the neck, or vice / versa on Alt Ravage. That would require snipping the ball joint where the head normally goes on Alt Ravage, then drilling a hole in its place.